MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Which Design would you prefer on your t-shirt/tote bag?
Logo 6 12 11.88%
Logo 8a 9 8.91%
Logo 8b 5 4.95%
Logo 17 3 2.97%
Logo 18 28 27.72%
Logo 19 57 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008/2009 T-shirt and Tote Design Contest! Lauren Clubs & Groups 17 11-13-2008 02:39 PM

T-Shirt/Tote Bag Design Voting

Old 10-09-2007 at 12:29 AM   #1
rafia

Liked: 0 Times

T-Shirt/Tote Bag Design Voting
Hey everyone,

The design contest has been a huge success so over. We received a lot of good designs and our council had to narrow down the search for you. Here are the top few for you to vote on.

The voting goes on till October 18th and the t-shirt/tote bag sale will begin October 23rd in JHE Lobby.

Enjoy!!!

Here are the descriptions that go with the titles
Logo 6: I Heart Geeks
Log 8a: Making Engineering Look Good
Logo 8b: Proving that girls are better
Logo17: Anything boys can do we can do cuter
Logo 18: McMaster Beauty and brains
Logo 19: Little Miss Engineer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logo6.jpg (139.9 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg Logo17.jpg (11.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg logo8a.jpg (92.4 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg logo8b.jpg (68.9 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Logo18.jpg (130.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg Logo19.jpg (80.6 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by Lauren : 10-09-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2007 at 07:45 AM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Im a little sad bewitched didnt make it :(
Old 10-09-2007 at 09:33 AM   #3
lindsey

Numbers
You guys might want to check your numbering scheme. Looks like the thumbnails for 18 and 19 are confused with your list... I suggest you re-upload the images with the correct names so people don't get confused.
Old 10-09-2007 at 10:14 AM   #4
Lauren

Thanks for the tip, Lindsey. Now that the poll has started, in case we do not change the number scheme, everyone please choose according to the purple descriptions of the shirt designs and ignore the actual logo numbering. If anyone voted according to the number scheme and did not notice the descriptions of the logos above, please let us know right away.

Again:

Vote according to the purple descriptions, that is:

Logo 6: I Heart Geeks
Log 8a: Making Engineering Look Good
Logo 8b: Proving that girls are better
Logo17: Anything boys can do we can do cuter
Logo 18: McMaster Beauty and brains
Logo 19: Little Miss Engineer

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-09-2007 at 05:16 PM   #5
micadjems
Awesome Member

hate to be a bother, but may I ask why the other designs didnt make it in comparison to these?
Old 10-09-2007 at 05:31 PM   #6
rafia

Hey all,

We received about 20 designs this year. It was hard for us to pick out the top few, as all the designs were really nice and it showed that a lot of hard work was put in them. For all those whose designs did not make it to this stage, we will hopefully be holding a similar contest next year, and you are more than welcome to participate again.

Once again, we do not want anyone to feel discouraged. All the designs were great but those which are posted above stood out, either because of the deisgn or because of the catchy subtitles. We will be posting all the designs on here and on our facebook group soon, so that every one can see how hard it was for us to choose between all submissions.

I hope this answers your question Jackie.
Old 10-09-2007 at 05:32 PM   #7
micadjems
Awesome Member

Yeah, im just dissapointed because the calibur of a couple of these is very different than a few i have seen submitted.
Old 10-09-2007
micadjems
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-09-2007 at 11:12 PM   #8
Lizzieeng

Better explanation please
I dont understand why all of the designs weren't posted. If we're the ones who will be buying the t-shirts and tote bags and representing the women of mac eng I think we should be given the opportunity to see all of the designs. I also don't think that its fair that some people's designs weren't even considered except by a small group of people that are not necessarily representative of the rest of us.

Also, I find that a number of the designs chosen convey messages that women are smarter and more attractive and somehow better than men. If the engineering guys made t shirts like that we would throw a fit and rightfully so. I think some of the designs are sexist and dont promote equality, which is what we're supposed to be fighting for. I dont know about anyone else but I dont want to be a walking contradiction of myself. There has been a lot of bad hype over the years concerning sexism within the engineering community and I dont want to confirm that. It might seem like Im blowing this all out of proportion but I think some of the messages are ignorant.

I am personally curious about some of the other designs. Anyone else who agrees should speak up.
Old 10-10-2007 at 01:59 AM   #9
Lauren

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for your reply. I'd like to address your complaints and concerns right away.

As a woman in engineering like yourself, I understand where you are coming from. I'd like to say that we did not mean to offend you or any of our other wonderful ladies in engineering.

The executives, along with several other women in engineering looked at all the designs and chose what we thought to be the best designs for both t-shirts and bags. 20 designs is a lot of designs to vote upon in such a large group. In any contest like this, design entries will be cut down before voting. We were looking for designs that were black and white so that we can print the design on a variety of colours and also designs that caught our eyes right away. A couple of the designs are based off popular t-shirt lines already and we thought would be fun.

As mentioned, ALL the designs will be posted on this site as well as our facebook group shortly.

Don't worry...the results so far for the design show you that everyone feels the same. Women are smart enough to be able to choose what they like and what they don't. That is why we have this poll. Very few people have chosen the designs that may be sexist or discriminatory toward anyone. If you don't like a design, don't vote for it. That is the beauty of a poll.

Please email or message us if you have any more issues and we can discuss how we can fix the situation. If you have any suggestions, or want to speak to some of the designers to change their slogans, please do!

Sincerely,

Lauren W-Smith

Matls & Scty III
WES VP Social
MECTT Theme Captain
Matls 3rd year rep
MES Social Committee
Old 10-10-2007 at 09:19 AM   #10
petrovjm

i don't think these are very wearable with the exception of the i heart geeks one but its already been done
Old 10-10-2007 at 09:39 AM   #11
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Don't worry...the results so far for the design show you that everyone feels the same. Women are smart enough to be able to choose what they like and what they don't. That is why we have this poll. Very few people have chosen the designs that may be sexist or discriminatory toward anyone.

Oh Yeah.. I couldnt remember if we were that smart.

Wait so this is a test to see how arrogant we think we are? Why were the sexist and discrimintory designs put through in the first place!?!?
Old 10-10-2007 at 10:23 AM   #12
micadjems
Awesome Member

Also, the gift offered to all artists of all designs, has that happened in past years? Or is this the first time.
Old 10-10-2007 at 11:15 AM   #13
rafia

Hey Ladies,

Like Lauren mentioned earlier, we would like to apologise to everyone who was offended by the design selection process. We only had the best interest of the group at heart when we went through the elimination process. Lauren did a good job explaining the voting process and the reasoning behind it, please refer to that thread. If you guys are still not satisfied, please email us at [email protected]. Hopefully, we will be able to figure out a way to resolve this issue, without offending anyone else in the group or making the club look bad.

Secondly, last year only the winner received a gift from the council. This year we not only have added a few more items to the winning prize, but also have decided to offer small gifts to all those who took out the time to desgin the logos. This is a friendly gesture showing how much we appreciate you taking the time and putting your hardwork in designing the logos.

Again, thank you for your replies.

Rafia.
Old 10-11-2007 at 01:47 PM   #14
Hheiress

i want to see the rest of the designs ..