MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone take chem 1a03 and chem 1aa3 during the summer? macbaby07 Academics 0 05-03-2010 05:47 PM

When to take Chem 1AA3??

Old 12-14-2009 at 07:17 PM   #1
lifesci09

Liked: 2 Times

When to take Chem 1AA3??
Hey guys, just need some advice on what to do.
So i had Chem 1A03 this term but i had to drop it cause i was sure i wasnt going to pass, so i will now be taking it in the summer. Now the real question is when i should take Chem 1AA3? I can take it in the summer but i feel that becasue its all new content that its going to be more difficult to complete it and do well within 6 weeks. Then my second option would be taking it in Term 2 of Year 2 but then i was told that if i do that then i wont be able to take many of the second year courses for my year 2 program like genetics. So what so you guys think? Thanks!
Old 12-14-2009 at 07:42 PM   #2
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Some of the concepts that you cover in Chem 1A03 are needed for Chem 1AA3, so I would suggest taking Chem 1AA3 right after Chem 1A03 (i.e., in the summer). If you let some time pass in between, you might forget some of the material. In my experience, Chem 1AA3 is much easier than Chem 1A03. You will be fine if you take it in the summer. Definitely doable.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-14-2009 at 08:27 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

To make you feel better; I've heard that most courses in the summer are far easier than their school year semester versions. Of course though, that's only what I've heard :p.
Old 12-14-2009 at 08:37 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesci09 View Post
Hey guys, just need some advice on what to do.
So i had Chem 1A03 this term but i had to drop it cause i was sure i wasnt going to pass, so i will now be taking it in the summer. Now the real question is when i should take Chem 1AA3? I can take it in the summer but i feel that becasue its all new content that its going to be more difficult to complete it and do well within 6 weeks. Then my second option would be taking it in Term 2 of Year 2 but then i was told that if i do that then i wont be able to take many of the second year courses for my year 2 program like genetics. So what so you guys think? Thanks!
Do it in the summer. It will be easier since things are right after each other and the content is more focused instead of being all over the place (as it seemed to be for me). I wish I had done that!
Old 12-14-2009 at 09:05 PM   #5
Nicole

If you do it in the summer, it allows for more time to be focused on your course because you are not taking 4 other courses at the same time.
Old 12-14-2009 at 09:33 PM   #6
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Take it in the summer - that way you can take the courses you want in 2nd year. It'll be a pain to still be in school while everyone is out and about, but it's worth it in the end. : )
Old 12-14-2009 at 10:22 PM   #7
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

I would agree that courses in summer are a lot better..take both Chem1A03 and AA3 in summer rt after one another..so you don't fget the concepts and also get more choices for 2nd yr program options.

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-15-2009 at 09:40 AM   #8
lifesci09

has anyone taken chem 1aa3 in the summer? it sounds like a good idea casue ill be able to focus on it and everything but a FULL summer with CHEM, ugh dreading it soo much!!
Old 12-15-2009 at 01:33 PM   #9
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

summer. its super easy. super great prof. lab t.a.s are super helpful. you summer will be super.

trust during the year its rape. summer school its pretty good.

lifesci09, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Infinity for this post.
Old 12-15-2009 at 03:33 PM   #10
lifesci09

awesome
i think imma do it in the summer then!!
thanks so much