MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

taking psych 2b03 with only psych 1x03?

Old 12-18-2011 at 10:12 PM   #1
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

taking psych 2b03 with only psych 1x03?
is it okay to taking psychology 2b03 (personality) without psych 1xx3?
Guys can you explain content(material) wise how hard is this course if I dont have psych 1xx3 credit?

thank you very much for your response and happy holidays
Old 12-18-2011 at 10:25 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiser=) View Post
is it okay to taking psychology 2b03 (personality) without psych 1xx3?
Guys can you explain content(material) wise how hard is this course if I dont have psych 1xx3 credit?

thank you very much for your response and happy holidays
You'll be perfectly fine. There is a biological section at the end, but it is easy (deals more with hertibility/genetics than actual neuroscience... Bio 1M03 covers pretty much the same material (I THINK) and I know Bio 2C03 does).

If you're still curious, go check out the 2B03 handbook (they should have them at titles) - it has all the notes in the class, and will give you a good gauge of what you'll be seeing (better an a course outline would)

imho you don't need an intro psych at all to do well in 2b03.

-cough-blue and yellow button at the bottom -cough-

Last edited by britb : 12-18-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Differential, keiser=) all say thanks to britb for this post.

Differential, keiser=) like this.
Old 12-21-2011 at 05:57 PM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Is the course difficult, though? I took it out of interest, but it seems I'll be having a really busy semester on top of that, with organic chemistry and stuff :(.
Old 12-21-2011 at 10:32 PM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Is the course difficult, though? I took it out of interest, but it seems I'll be having a really busy semester on top of that, with organic chemistry and stuff :(.
The thing I learned about Dr. Day's midterms is that they are based solely on memorization and doing practice questions from his infamous test bank.

I studied for his first midterm like any other bio midterm -> 55%
I studied by not going to lectures but reading handbook and doing test bank -> 93%

So the course itself is easier than a biology course, but you have to study properly to get a decent mark. His tests are retarded and don't really TEST your knowledge at all (no application questions, just pure memorization).
Old 12-21-2011 at 10:47 PM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
The thing I learned about Dr. Day's midterms is that they are based solely on memorization and doing practice questions from his infamous test bank.

I studied for his first midterm like any other bio midterm -> 55%
I studied by not going to lectures but reading handbook and doing test bank -> 93%

So the course itself is easier than a biology course, but you have to study properly to get a decent mark. His tests are retarded and don't really TEST your knowledge at all (no application questions, just pure memorization).
A bio major calling memorization tests retarded? 2011 -is- happening!
Old 12-22-2011 at 12:12 AM   #6
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
A bio major calling memorization tests retarded? 2011 -is- happening!
You know what I mean Britney! Our physiology courses require us to think things out based on what we learned (and probably memorized). In comparison, Dr. Day's midterms are stupid and don't test anything :x

But I'm probably just mad and taking my anger out because I didn't do so well in his courses (still too scared to check my final marks...)

britb likes this.
Old 12-22-2011 at 10:33 PM   #7
Raneem

Liked: 1 Time

Hey, I also took 2B03 for this next term and I had only taken psych 1x03; however I asked a few of the psych TA's and they said you should be perfectly fine whether you took psych 1xx3 or not. Doesn't really matter
Old 12-22-2011 at 10:58 PM   #8
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Was the exam brutal? Or just a selection of his questions from the textbank .
Old 12-23-2011 at 04:08 AM   #9
beherenow
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Hmmm, I actually thought Dr. Day's tests/exams to be pretty fair. Although he tends to pick out little details from textbook readings... which is a pain if you do them last second like I did :( Exam had many similar questions as the tests. Sometimes, though, he will change around a word or two and keep the same options so be sure to read carefully!
Old 12-31-2011 at 09:50 PM   #10
honey2

Liked: 0 Times

I know a few people that took 2B03 without 1X03 and they said that it was fine