MacInsiders Logo

Tell it Like it is!

Old 03-27-2011 at 09:57 PM   #16
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

Dr. McClelland is a great lecturer... i took 2A03 last year too and i think its just the course itself, not the professor (b/c i had a diff prof)..
there is just a lot of material and they have to get through it all

but i totally agree that the labs suck mostly b/c the TAs suck, they provide no help (i.e. some of my friends e-mailed him asking him about how to write a results section better cuz it was our first report, his response was: go look it up in a real scientific paper) and even during the lab.. answers my questions with "what do you think.." like seriously, if i didnt need your help, i wouldnt ask you,
its wasnt even just my TA, other sections had TAs that were b***hes during the lab section and they marked super hard and never write down why they took off marks
Old 03-27-2011 at 10:59 PM   #17
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

my TA insulted me so much on the first lab, I didn't even think they were allowed to say things like that. It just sucks because I've written formal labs be4 and these were just so demanding a weird and so specific and like u can't use ur previous labs' comments because ur handing in the next one anyways!
Old 03-27-2011 at 11:59 PM   #18
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

I don't get it. Seems like good criticism to me. Are you guys afraid of letting your profs know about little stuff like this?
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:08 AM   #19
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
I don't get it. Seems like good criticism to me. Are you guys afraid of letting your profs know about little stuff like this?
I think it was only me who suggested it was mean, and only because I'm overly sensitive. I don't like when people have hurt feelings...

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:11 AM   #20
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I think it was only me who suggested it was mean, and only because I'm overly sensitive. I don't like when people have hurt feelings...
Why would the profs be hurt from this? Look at it from a half-full cup perspective. He get to improve the course from this situation. By making the presentation slides more accessible, students might be more receptive to the actual material and find the lecture more interesting which lead to more student engagement.

Being overly protective of others feelings will not help them to grow and be better my dear Adelle.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:13 AM   #21
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Why would the profs be hurt from this? Look at it from a half-full cup perspective. He get to improve the course from this situation. By making the presentation slides more accessible, students might be more receptive to the actual material and find the lecture more interesting which lead to more student engagement.
True enough. But if I was him, I'd probably feel a little crappy for the rest of my day knowing that students don't particularly like what I've done. Oversensitivity.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:16 AM   #22
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
True enough. But if I was him, I'd probably feel a little crappy for the rest of my day knowing that students don't particularly like what I've done. Oversensitivity.
Don't worry, the slides aren't even his. Just passed down from one prof to another.

They are all too lazy to make new ones. I HOPE HE DOES FEEL BAD NOW.

Stupid lazy profs. Arg.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:19 AM   #23
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Don't worry, the slides aren't even his. Just passed down from one prof to another.

They are all too lazy to make new ones. I HOPE HE DOES FEEL BAD NOW.

Stupid lazy profs. Arg.
Aww... But I suppose if the slides aren't his, he can't feel bad that they were just ripped apart by students haha.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:25 AM   #24
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Aww... But I suppose if the slides aren't his, he can't feel bad that they were just ripped apart by students haha.
Shut UP.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:28 AM   #25
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Shut UP.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph
I'm glad I didn't name my ferret after you. A**hole.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:29 AM   #26
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't name my ferret after you. A**hole.

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:33 AM   #27
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
While the insert was appropriately used, the GIF animation is too fast. The repeating motion isn't fluid and appeared jerky as a result.

That's all. I have no qualms with you, just these few points which I think are valid enough to be considered so that future GIFs can benefit from a few potential tweaks.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:34 AM   #28
alh24
Elite Member

Not your best work, Rakim.
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:36 AM   #29
Rakim
Account Locked

I just posed that because i have a man crush for leo

:(
Old 03-28-2011 at 12:37 AM   #30