MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Tentative Exam Schedule Release? mse369 Academics 7 10-19-2010 02:29 PM
Tentative Exam Schedule McIntyre MacInsiders Announcements 49 02-20-2010 05:36 PM
Tentative Exam Schedule Up! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 21 02-25-2009 12:49 PM
Tentative Exam Schedule jmbauman Academics 0 10-16-2008 12:55 PM

Tentative Exam Schedule

The Tenative Exam Schedule is Out!

If you're dying to know about your exams you can check out this link to find out the tentative plan for exams. Keep in mind that this is not the official schedule and that times/dates may be changed. Also, you will note that there is no location yet, that is because they haven't assigned it. Keep checking back as the official one will be up mid-November.

To use it, hold down Ctrl (or control) and click on all the subjects you are taking.
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-16-2008 at 02:55 PM   #2
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times
an exam on the last day really sucks :(

Old 10-16-2008 at 03:17 PM   #3
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times
An exam on the last day AND at 7:30 sucks even more.

Old 10-16-2008 at 03:26 PM   #4
laurapo

Two exams on the last day sucks even more. :(

Old 10-16-2008 at 04:01 PM   #5
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times
When is the first exam day? And do classes continue throughout exams or can you just devote all your time to studying?

Old 10-16-2008 at 04:06 PM   #6
phlipside101

Liked: 1 Time
exams start on december 3rd, and there won't be any classes so you can spend all your time studying.

this is a really useful page for checking out things like that!

J-Met says thanks to phlipside101 for this post.

Old 10-16-2008 at 04:09 PM   #7
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times
Thanks for the link.

Wow, classes end December 1st? That seems so soon!

Old 10-16-2008 at 05:23 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Our term is only 12-13 weeks long...and you're used to finishing first term at the end of January, which is why it seems so short to you.

For all the first years...depending on when the holidays fall, some years you get much less time off than others. In my first year I had my last exam on the 22nd of December, and we had classes January 2nd. A lot of other schools went back on the 6th.

As for my schedule this year...I have two exams. One on the 6th and one on the 12th.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-16-2008 at 07:20 PM   #9
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times
so how tentative is this schedule? is there any chance things will move around?

Old 10-16-2008 at 07:40 PM   #10
spiotrowski

I hope my english exam changes, it's on the 16th :(

Old 10-16-2008 at 08:25 PM   #11
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
The dates usually do stay the same, they only change them if a lot of people have a conflict. As for me, I'm coasting this semester! I have two full year classes so they don't do midterms at exam time, they're doing them now, which means I only have 3 exams and I have at least 4 days between each. I'm stoked!

Old 10-17-2008 at 12:04 AM   #12
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
I only have 2 exam dates up for some reason. For once in philosophy I'm not on the last day. So thank you to philosophy schedulers, I pretty much love you right now! Please don't change

Old 10-17-2008 at 07:26 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
As was mentioned, this is only tentative - expect a few small changes in the final version as the university works out any conflicts that arise.

Also.. be sure to check out the articles on how to prep for exams and studying tips in the article archives!

Old 10-19-2008 at 04:59 PM   #14
MarinaA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
As was mentioned, this is only tentative - expect a few small changes in the final version as the university works out any conflicts that arise.

Also.. be sure to check out the articles on how to prep for exams and studying tips in the article archives!
i have two exams scheduled on the same day at the same time.. so should i speak to someone now about it and maybe they will change the timing? or should i wait until a final schedule comes out and then speak to one of the department heads..

Old 10-19-2008 at 05:04 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Conflicts are reported to the office of the registrar, not department heads. And since this schedule isn't final I don't think there is a point in notifying them -- they calculate for conflicts when they make the schedule, to try and make sure the fewest students have the least conflicts.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

MarinaA says thanks to lorend for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search