MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
old 1za3 tests turbozee Academics 8 10-06-2010 10:56 AM
Practice Tests/Old Tests crazyfree Academics 3 02-04-2010 09:58 PM
Split Saturdays @ Quarters Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 10-04-2008 03:28 PM
Quarters Split Saturdays georgeb.1990 General Discussion 3 09-30-2008 08:49 PM
First Year Science Tests - Part 2 (Practice Tests) Sarah A. Academics 0 09-03-2007 09:31 PM

Tests on Saturdays

Old 10-18-2009 at 06:13 PM   #16
jordko

Liked: 13 Times

Ya I just had an economics midterm the other day, I wasn't a big fan of having to head to school at 4 on a Saturday, it pretty much wastes the whole day.
Old 10-18-2009 at 06:41 PM   #17
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

I hate tests on Saturdays. Thats one day that I should be able to get up whenever I want! Not to mention wasting time studying on friday nights!!
I hated econ 1bb3 last semester, had midterms at 9 am on saturday! I shouldnt be getting up at 8am on a saturday!

Anwyays, my last one was accounting this past saturday (12p) wasnt too bad at all.

I wish they wud do midterms on weekdays!
Old 10-18-2009 at 06:45 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I work on saturdays. If I have a midterm on a saturday morning, I lose over $100. As a student who always is struggling financially, I really can't afford that. Fortunately, I've only had 1 saturday midterm in my entire university career.

Saturday midterms ideally should be banned. How feasable that would be is another story.
What the hell?

I think I've had 4 or 5 so far that have been on a Saturday morning. You lucky son of a gun. ;D

I don't like them because:
a) When it's during homecoming and they blast that stupid ****ing music, I can't concentrate. >_<
b) work.
c) It's the ****ing weekend. Weekdays are for school, weekends are for not-school. Sorry but. I like to have fun too.

I'd rather have a day less to study and write it on friday.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-19-2009 at 07:03 AM   #19
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I've had two Saturday midterms before - at 9 AM. As far as I know, no one in their right mind likes to wake up that early on the weekend. It depends on which exam you have too. If it's one that takes you three hours, it's lame. If it's one that takes you half an hour, man, I haven't even woken up yet, I'll just crawl into bed when I get home.
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:03 AM   #20
jordko

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
I've had two Saturday midterms before - at 9 AM. As far as I know, no one in their right mind likes to wake up that early on the weekend. It depends on which exam you have too. If it's one that takes you three hours, it's lame. If it's one that takes you half an hour, man, I haven't even woken up yet, I'll just crawl into bed when I get home.
Wow that's horrible! I didn't know some exams were that early! Imagine the people that have to commute by bus etc, they're probably up before the sun even rises (and the crazy part is its a SATURDAY)
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:17 AM   #21
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Yea my macro econ midterm was at 9am last year on a saturday, and i woke up 9.45am. Luckily I was in Hedden and the midterm location was T-28 so I made it there fast. Just brushed my teeth and ran. I actaully finished the midterm early and got a 70 on it, which is not too bad considering that macro is supose to be hard.

But yes saturday midterms should be banned!! (I have had 5 so far, and I have an exam on saturday this yr!!)
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:21 AM   #22
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

It sucks, and it's especially difficult for students who commute (some busses don't run on the weekends).
But if there's no other time to have the test, they have to make it on Saturday. I've actually never had a test on Saturday so I'm pretty lucky
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:49 AM   #23
jordko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
It sucks, and it's especially difficult for students who commute (some busses don't run on the weekends).
But if there's no other time to have the test, they have to make it on Saturday. I've actually never had a test on Saturday so I'm pretty lucky

It's probably not even so much an issue of there being no other time to write the test, the people in charge of planning the tests (I believe the registrar office) are probably aware that it would be easy to have a test on the weekend since its VERY rare that there would be other academic scheduling issues. I guess they don't consider peoples schedules outside of university life.
Old 10-22-2009 at 08:02 PM   #24
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster View Post
It seems Degroote has a thing for Saturday midterms. I've had a few Saturday tests, and they were all in my commerce courses.
Wouldn't be a surprise if you have Friday night and Saturday morning/afternoon midterms back to back for a few consecutive weeks starting from second year and on... Sigh......
Old 10-26-2009 at 01:06 PM   #25
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

/lazy rant and complaining time

Commuters can't do sat midterms - my dad will probably have to drive me to school for the psych exam this year. From mississauga. He's either going to have to drive home and back or stay here. It's such a waste of time - what if both my parents had to work?

School shouldn't steal time from work (or other things). How can they expect us to pay tuition/get volunteer, reasearch, etc hours/do homework/study when school is 6, 7 days a week? This is esspecially big for people trying to get into grad or prof schools - they want us to do so much else, yet do well at the same time.

Saturday tests should be avoided at all costs. And if they they to be done, then in the afternoon or evening only, because it's unfair to commuters (I have to wake up at 5:45 to get on the Go bus, nevermind driving there on the QEW or something slower).

Hey, I'd love to see a research paper on something on this - maybe comparing communter and noncommuter scores. I'm sure it would show something.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 10-26-2009 at 05:56 PM   #26
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
The best part about Saturday midterms are the magical Saturday morning GO Buses that run from Square One to Mac that I can take.
are there Go Buses like that?? what about the other way round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
Yea my macro econ midterm was at 9am last year on a saturday, and i woke up 9.45am. Luckily I was in Hedden and the midterm location was T-28 so I made it there fast. Just brushed my teeth and ran. I actaully finished the midterm early and got a 70 on it, which is not too bad considering that macro is supose to be hard.

But yes saturday midterms should be banned!! (I have had 5 so far, and I have an exam on saturday this yr!!)
you're on my floor I think, you've got a single right?

Last edited by Afzal : 10-26-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2009 at 06:04 PM   #27
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
are there Go Buses like that?? what about the other way round?
I know online sarcasm is tough, but you missed it :p

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-26-2009 at 06:07 PM   #28
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I know online sarcasm is tough, but you missed it :p
ahaha, yeah i realized that after your post...she made it sound real