MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a Job on Campus? Hanna Volunteering Opportunities 6 10-14-2010 02:44 PM
On to off campus Zachary Residence & Housing 10 07-06-2010 12:17 PM
Earth Chicken Sandwich joset2 ARCHIVES 0 06-03-2008 06:17 AM
robot chicken lorend Movies & Television 9 08-07-2007 09:02 AM

Is there anywhere on campus I can get halal chicken?

Old 09-18-2010 at 12:36 AM   #1
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Is there anywhere on campus I can get halal chicken?
And thats healthy.... like chicken breast.

Thanks.

Or if not on campus... somewhere which accepts my student card.
Old 09-18-2010 at 01:07 AM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I think Creation X in the student centre and one of the places in Centro have halal chicken.

I know there are halal options on campus, you must just have to ask the people working there about it when you go to order your food.

Last edited by sew12 : 09-18-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Rakim says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 09-18-2010 at 01:21 AM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I think Creation X in the student centre and one of the places in Centro have halal chicken.

I know there are halal options on campus, you must just have to ask the people working there about it when you go to order your food.
What is creation x?

i cant believe iv never heard of it .
Old 09-18-2010 at 01:26 AM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
What is creation x?

i cant believe iv never heard of it .
Its that place in the back of La Piazza in the student centre that generally has long lineups at peak times (lunch). Where they make like burgers, fries etc. I know they have a chicken breast sandwich for sure, and it might have a halal option.
Old 09-18-2010 at 01:26 AM   #5
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Its that place in the back of La Piazza in the student centre that generally has long lineups at peak times (lunch). Where they make like burgers, fries etc. I know they have a chicken breast sandwich for sure, and it might have a halal option.
Hmmmm considering they are making burgers and fries I presume the chicken isnt too healthy -_-
Old 09-18-2010 at 01:54 AM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Hmmmm considering they are making burgers and fries I presume the chicken isnt too healthy -_-
No they make a lot things. I'm talking actual chicken breast, like no skin or anything on it. They also have non-fried fish etc. I was just giving burgers as an example of what place I meant b/c most people know Creation X makes burgers/fries. They have a relatively large menu and they add new items each year. They also have a delicious grilled turkey burger. They do have fried options but also alternatives.
Old 09-19-2010 at 03:33 PM   #7
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Don't be a tool, just because it's made near or even in the same room as something you deem unhealthy doesn't mean you're suddenly going to bloat up and explode by eating it. A chicken breast is a chicken breast - just don't get a breaded one.

On the other hand, as this appears to be motivated by "ZOMG CHICKUNZ MUST BE KILLED HUMANELY!", then you're going to have limited options.

Your best bet is probably to make your own and not be lazy.

Old 09-19-2010 at 03:36 PM   #8
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Although from what I've noticed at the places that do serve halal chicken, it generally doesn't look like the ****ing ankle meat of a 90 year old prostitute hen that was hit by a dump truck and then microwaved ten billion goddamn times. For instance, it's actually white meat, not some shitty dark meat from the darkest recesses of hell itself :/

Old 09-19-2010 at 03:49 PM   #9
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Although from what I've noticed at the places that do serve halal chicken, it generally doesn't look like the ****ing ankle meat of a 90 year old prostitute hen that was hit by a dump truck and then microwaved ten billion goddamn times. For instance, it's actually white meat, not some shitty dark meat from the darkest recesses of hell itself :/
Exactly bud.
Old 09-19-2010 at 06:52 PM   #10
sew12
Elite Member

Where the hell do you usually get chicken from that it looks like that?

I don't eat halal chicken and I don't think I've ever seen chicken that looks as disturbing as you describe.
Old 09-19-2010 at 06:57 PM   #11
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Where the hell do you usually get chicken from that it looks like that?

I don't eat halal chicken and I don't think I've ever seen chicken that looks as disturbing as you describe.
Just ignore the moron.

Anyone who feels the need to attack someones personal beliefs is a low life.
Old 09-20-2010 at 10:50 PM   #12
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Just ignore the moron.

Anyone who feels the need to attack someones personal beliefs is a low life.
I wasn't attacking anything, apart from my hyperbole about campus chicken in the following post, especially your 'personal beliefs'. I could give a shit less about whether you care about if your meat is killed humanely and sprinkled with fairy dust afterward. Above I was just initially stating that it is probably better to buy and make your own, however you may accomplish that.

My point is that it's ultimately ridiculous to give two shits about whether it is prepared in the VICINITY of something that you deem 'unclean', or whatever. I know it's part of the concept but it's highly unlikely that the people who put your pita together will give two shits - even if they are paid to.

Don't be so hasty to call people out on bigotry, you goddamn keyboard warrior.

Last edited by Kendoon : 09-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.