Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deferred Examination Question ageless_12 Academics 1 06-18-2011 09:11 PM

Three consecutive examination sittings

Old 11-22-2011 at 10:08 PM   #1
Gasbomb13

Liked: 0 Times

Three consecutive examination sittings
Hey, I just looking on clarification on the senate policy for fall examinations coming up this fall/winter term 1 (2011). On the policy it says that you should report to the Mac registrar office if you fit one of the categories, and three consecutive examination sittings might be one of them. If anyone could clarify this ambiguous criteria that would be great.
Old 11-22-2011 at 10:19 PM   #2
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

If you have three exams in a row in one day. Or if you have 1 exam at 7:30 PM (I think that's the last time slot for a day) and then have your next two the next day in the first two time slots.
hope that makes sense.
It would probably be easier if you posted your exam schedule and someone confirmed or denied whether you have 3 in a row
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:15 PM   #3
Gasbomb13

Here are the three exams over the three days..

Wednesday December 7th - Env Sci 2E03 - 7:30pm

Thursday December 8th - Econ 2D03 - 4:00-6:00pm

Friday December 9th - Env Sci 2B03 - 12:30pm

Can anyone please confirm if this falls under the exam exemption policy that indicates "2. Three consecutive examinations sittings."

Thank you!
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:20 PM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. For that exam policy, you have to have three exams within 24 hours (I believe).

I'm not 100% sure, though.
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:27 PM   #5
Nate1

Liked: 2 Times

its 3 exam periods in 1 day(so for example, the first exam period on a tuesday,till the last exam period on that tuesday)
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:34 PM   #6
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

I think Faer is right, has to be 3 consecutive exams within 24 hours.

here they are:
- More than one examination scheduled at the same time.
- Three examinations in one calendar day (midnight to midnight).
- Three consecutive examinations over two days.
- Two consecutive examinations if first one is 3hrs long for December exams only.
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:41 PM   #7
Gasbomb13

Alright. Thanks, guys for clarifying that up for me.
Old 11-22-2011 at 11:45 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

The only thing that sucks about that is just that its like right at the begining of the exam period. I think you'd feel differently (and might not even bring up this situation) if these exams were at the very end of the period.

All you can take away from this is that you need to start studying for your exams now! Get ready and keep up with your work up to the last day of school. Especially since you probably have 2 or 3 more courses after that to get through... Most students have days in between their exams, and have to cram all that information in (or think they can)... its probably a good idea if you make the sacrifice (social/work/sanity/time/recreation) every chance you get from now till the end of term to study, lest ye suffer the consequences. I think its just implicit in the minds of the people who run the courses that you should be keeping up pace with your courses, and studying on a consistant basis until exam time, when you're tested on all that junk.... which is precisely opposite of what a vast majority of students actually do... (which is why we have the word 'cram' in our vocabulary)

Believe it or not, there are people with worse schedules..