MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deadline to change timetable? oli13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-11-2010 07:43 PM
timetable change experience cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-09-2010 09:42 PM
how should I change my timetable? ae1011 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 10:28 PM
Timetable change heliya First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 07:06 PM
Timetable Change Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-12-2008 11:34 AM

timetable change

Old 08-29-2010 at 01:00 AM   #1
incarnation

Liked: 0 Times

timetable change
HI, can anyone tell me how to change my timetable? not the courses, it's the timing I wanna change, let's say i have a course on Monday and I want to change it to Friday? How do I do that?
can anyone knows tell me ASAP ? thanks a lot
Old 08-29-2010 at 01:11 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnation View Post
HI, can anyone tell me how to change my timetable? not the courses, it's the timing I wanna change, let's say i have a course on Monday and I want to change it to Friday? How do I do that?
can anyone knows tell me ASAP ? thanks a lot
1. Master Timetable for all section times: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
2. How to change on SOLAR:
  1. Log into MUGSI: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /cis/ahtml/login.htm (Click MUGSI)
  2. Click SOLAR and enter course selection (same as when you first selected courses)
  3. Choose "Modify" in the drop-down menu
  4. Choose the section you prefer. Note: Section may be full.
  5. Click on "Modify" button.
  6. Verify and Accept changes.

incarnation says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

incarnation likes this.
Old 08-29-2010 at 01:12 AM   #3
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Ya , just go to solar , and use the mcmaster timetable to see the times and change them on solar , if there not full

incarnation says thanks to Reda for this post.

incarnation likes this.
Old 08-29-2010 at 07:08 AM   #4
incarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
1. Master Timetable for all section times: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
2. How to change on SOLAR:
  1. Log into MUGSI: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /cis/ahtml/login.htm (Click MUGSI)
  2. Click SOLAR and enter course selection (same as when you first selected courses)
  3. Choose "Modify" in the drop-down menu
  4. Choose the section you prefer. Note: Section may be full.
  5. Click on "Modify" button.
  6. Verify and Accept changes.
but by doing that you can only modify it's section, the day wouldn't be really change. what I want is change from day to day and the SOLAR doesn't have the option to let you do that. let's say if u modify it from morning to evening, but it won't really change from Monday to Friday. how exactly to change it from day to day?

Last edited by incarnation : 08-29-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2010 at 07:16 AM   #5
incarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Ya , just go to solar , and use the mcmaster timetable to see the times and change them on solar , if there not full
yeah, but how do you actually change the day? on SOLAR you don't have the option choosing days. only the the morning, evening and section you can change. like you want a course to be Friday, not Monday. how do you do that?
Old 08-29-2010 at 08:18 AM   #6
biancax0x

Liked: 2 Times

classes arent offered everyday...you cant just pick what day you want it.
you have to go to the master timetable: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
and see when the class is offered and choose one that fits your scheduale.

incarnation says thanks to biancax0x for this post.

incarnation likes this.
Old 08-29-2010 at 10:08 AM   #7
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

lol imagine if every class was offered at every single timeslot every day...

incarnation says thanks to Melanieee for this post.

incarnation likes this.
Old 08-29-2010 at 10:45 AM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnation View Post
but by doing that you can only modify it's section, the day wouldn't be really change. what I want is change from day to day and the SOLAR doesn't have the option to let you do that. let's say if u modify it from morning to evening, but it won't really change from Monday to Friday. how exactly to change it from day to day?
Modifying the section is the only way to change the day. Different sections are (usually) offered at different days/times. You have to pick a section and stick to it, you can't mix & match sections (like, if there are 3 lectures per section, you can't be C01 for two lectures and C02 for the last lecture). Courses are only offered at specific times. If there is no section with a class on Friday, then there is nothing you can do to have that class on Friday.

incarnation says thanks to nerual for this post.

incarnation likes this.