MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Backpack T28 Tedjoa General Discussion 3 04-18-2011 06:24 AM
Lost Backpack T28 Tedjoa Academics 0 04-18-2011 12:16 AM
Medical School Backpack jeboi7 General Discussion 77 01-14-2011 08:22 PM
What kind of backpack to use? danzai First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 09-03-2010 09:58 PM
Cool Shark Backpack! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 18 06-29-2009 10:52 PM

Took the wrong backpack

Old 12-19-2012 at 04:03 PM   #16
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Keys, wallet, license, scarf, hat, phone, snacks, notes, map...
Old 12-19-2012 at 05:15 PM   #17
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilton View Post
I commute. Why do I need a backpack for a calculator, a pen, a pencil, and an eraser? It's just an exam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Keys, wallet, license, scarf, hat, phone, snacks, notes, map...
I think it kind of depends on the person...like, you can fit keys/wallet/phone into your pocket, especially if you have a coat. The license isn't even necessary to travel or write an exam, but if you really need it it can go in the wallet. Not everyone owns or brings a scarf or hat or a map, and you can certainly write an exam without these things. Notes aren't really necessary...personall y I never bring them since by that point, studying will just stress me out more rather than actually help me learn anything. As for snacks, you could buy something on campus, or grab a granola bar or two and put it into your coat pocket.

Whenever I wrote in IWC I always made as much effort as possible to not bring a backpack to avoid losing it...call me paranoid, but you never know how much or how little other people will be paying attention to what they're doing as they're packing up their stuff. It's certainly more convenient to have a backpack, but possible to do without, even if you're commuting.
Old 12-19-2012 at 05:35 PM   #18
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

I guess I just don't understand. I wear my scarf, I keep my keys, wallet and phone in my pockets, I don't carry a map or have snacks...

>Whenever I wrote in IWC I always made as much effort as possible to not bring a backpack to avoid losing it...call me paranoid, but you never know how much or how little other people will be paying attention to what they're doing as they're packing up their stuff.
Exactly this.
Old 12-19-2012 at 08:26 PM   #19
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

this is why I keep my bag underneath my seat
and if some invigilator decides to bitch, I say "I have a laptop so yeah" and they usually eff offf

Lesson learned!

Old 12-19-2012 at 08:27 PM   #20
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

>usually eff off
What if they don't? Also, are you for serious married?
Old 12-19-2012 at 08:49 PM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
if you commute, youll bring it most likely. isnt that obvious
Makes more sense to slap a lock onto a random locker at either the gym or in any building on campus and keep your stuff there for the duration of your exam.
Old 12-19-2012 at 09:32 PM   #22
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

For anyone who did write COMM 2AA3, the marks are up on the Grade Report.
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:43 AM   #23
Incognitus

Liked: 19 Times

What it boils down to, is what gives you greater peace of mind. Some prefer the peace of mind of not having their backpack due to the risk of it being misplaced/stolen.

Personally, I felt at ease having my textbook/notebook/etc. nearby in case I needed to look up something last second before the exam...and even if I didn't, my stress levels were considerably lower just having it nearby. Not to mention, I typically stayed on campus and started studying for my next exam immediately afterward, so I'd have two or even three subjects worth of material with me at any given time.