Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handy Chemistry Tool thatdudeukno Academics 0 09-16-2008 10:24 PM

Tool!

Old 08-01-2009 at 02:22 AM   #1
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Tool!
Anyone else listen to them and going to their show on the 5th? I'm pretty excited for it. They need to come around to Canada more than once every few years though.

So excited in fact, that when Ticketmaster tickets sold out (within 10 minutes of them being on sale =o), I resorted to buying for me and a few friends off a scalper on eBay. This was not a show I was willing to miss. I paid way more than face value for the four, but it was totally worth it. My share, at least.

But then one of my friends, who was supposed to bring one of his friends, backed out. I'm now in possession of two incredibly expensive General Admission: Pit tickets which are exponentially decreasing in value because the show's approaching so quickly.

Sorry for the surprise story topic. I'm now resorting to ridiculous measures, like asking Macinsiders, to get rid of these tickets. I'm not a scalper. I'm only looking to break even and make back what I paid.

My lesson was learned though: don't buy stuff for people before they've paid you. =\

The point of this topic? Well, if anyone's a fan or knows anyone who's a fan of Tool and is willing to pay an (admittedly) large sum of money for two Tool tickets, I have two in hand.

At least these are the best tickets available.

General admission is as close to the stage as you can get.

So yeah, any help in getting rid of these is totally appreciated. If you find anyone, shoot an email to [email protected] com. And as a little incentive, if you don't mind ripping off one of your friends, I can let you keep the profit. I don't really recommend that though 'cause then if your friends find out they'll think you're a jerk.

On a lighter note, everyone's favourite song? I'm a pretty big fan of Parabol/Parabola and Forty Six & 2.
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:35 AM   #2
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

I went to their show back on june 24 '07. I didn't get tickets this year (in quebec currently), which is a real shame.
Old 08-04-2009 at 08:39 AM   #3
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I love Tool too! Almost convinced my friend to give me a ticket for this month's show. Almost.
Old 08-06-2009 at 04:11 AM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Oops, I forgot to check back on this thread. No big deal though, I managed to sell my extras to friends.

Their show was effing INCREDIBLE. They played pretty much what I expected, but Maynard's just got fantastic stage presence and Danny Carey was...Danny Carey. But yeah, I don't think anyone else buy Maynard could pull off those incredibly awkward dances he did.

I despise second-handing smoke (of various substances...) and my legs were sore from walking all day, but to be honest, as soon as they started playing, all those problems seemed to evaporate away.

Their setlist, as best as I can remember:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
???
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious

It was almost the perfect setlist. I would have traded Flood and the song I couldn't identify for Prison Sex and Parabol/Parabola though, especially the latter. I just felt so...incomplete without it.

I will definitely be at their next southern Ontario show though, in x years. =\
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:47 PM   #5
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Set list sounds very familiar to what it was when I saw it. If I recall, they also played Flood back in '07 which wasn't exactly what I was looking for (though it's not bad, but you are right about having the need to play other songs like Parabola).

And from the sounds of it, you're complaining about the hot pocketing. It probably hit the pinnacle around Rosetta Stoned. I remember during that play, at least 3 guys asked me if I want to smoke a joint. People try to connect to the song that way I suppose, whether or not it has to do with the song itself or just the literal translation of the title.

Nonetheless, awesome stuff. I too will be looking forward to their next Ontario concert =)