MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Course Trading Thread Chad Academics 335 06-09-2011 08:34 AM
Gould Trading Floor vannasty Academics 2 07-24-2010 12:15 PM
Trading HLTH AGE 1BB3 T2-evening for T1-day! tashatjong Academics 0 07-22-2010 01:14 PM
Trading BIO 1A03/BIO 1M03 VoyozooT Academics 1 07-06-2009 03:30 PM
Trading 1LS3 textbook for 1LO3 sycoman Academics 1 12-23-2008 08:56 PM

Trading Instruments

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:08 PM   #1
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Trading Instruments
I have a Yamaha keyboard that I've never really used (I don't have the space to set it up) so I'm interested in trading it in for an acoustic guitar.

I figure the latter would be equally self teachable and is a hell of a lot more portable than the keyboard

If you're interested, message back

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:15 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Not exactly the same thing, but the good thing about guitars is that they can come VERY CHEAP.

Also, recently discovered that long and mcquade is ****ING GODLY when it comes to renting out instruments. Currently renting a $500-$700 dollar violin for $16/month (their cheapest to buy was 245 and only came with the violin and bow), won't cost me anything if it breaks from wear and tear/not my fault, and if I ever decide to buy it, they deduct all the money I've paid to rent it from the original price.

But like I said, you can get dirty cheap guitars, even at Long and McQuade, so renting probably not the best option (unless it's like 5 dollars a month).

And yes, anything is self-teachable, but I will slap you silly if you pick up all the noob habits. D:

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:23 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

I just need a hobby The keyboard requires a stand, a decent chair and I have a piano onr es so

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:24 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I just need a hobby The keyboard requires a stand, a decent chair and I have a piano onr es so
Me too. Hence the rented violin. Legit so much fun. ;D

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:28 PM   #5
deaner_123

Liked: 3 Times

What kind of keyboard....hit me with a link to the model maybe?

I have a nice acoustic guitar that i never use cuz i upgraded to my primary nice acoustic guitar.

It's sitting around and I may be interested?
Old 12-24-2010 at 10:42 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

It's the YPT220 and it comes with a charger

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 12-24-2010 at 11:20 PM   #7
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Not exactly the same thing, but the good thing about guitars is that they can come VERY CHEAP.

Also, recently discovered that long and mcquade is ****ING GODLY when it comes to renting out instruments. Currently renting a $500-$700 dollar violin for $16/month (their cheapest to buy was 245 and only came with the violin and bow), won't cost me anything if it breaks from wear and tear/not my fault, and if I ever decide to buy it, they deduct all the money I've paid to rent it from the original price.

But like I said, you can get dirty cheap guitars, even at Long and McQuade, so renting probably not the best option (unless it's like 5 dollars a month).

And yes, anything is self-teachable, but I will slap you silly if you pick up all the noob habits. D:
ohh that's interesting! I didn't know long and mcquade did that. Do you get to pick which model of the instrument you want? Also, do you mean that the instruments they rent out may be in bad condition?
Old 12-24-2010 at 11:43 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
ohh that's interesting! I didn't know long and mcquade did that. Do you get to pick which model of the instrument you want? Also, do you mean that the instruments they rent out may be in bad condition?
Nah, I didn't pick it, but I didn't ask to either.

& I don't know what you mean by the may be in bad condition. Dunno where I said that, lol. (Even if it was in "bad" condition, I would just ask for another one, lol... can't imagine them declining )

it's honestly such a good deal.

Old 12-24-2010 at 11:54 PM   #9
irule333

Liked: 2 Times

teaching yourself violin? thats so difficult lol
Also Long & McQuade classical instruments are pretty crappy, but they are significantly cheaper than other retailers...
no idea about guitars tho i never play
Is guitar quality important to playability? ive found that more expensive cellos (my main) are vastly superior in terms of playability and obviously sound quality...are guitars the same way?
Old 12-25-2010 at 12:13 AM   #10
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Nah, I didn't pick it, but I didn't ask to either.

& I don't know what you mean by the may be in bad condition. Dunno where I said that, lol. (Even if it was in "bad" condition, I would just ask for another one, lol... can't imagine them declining )

it's honestly such a good deal.
Alright thanks I musta misread something. that's a really cool deal
Old 12-25-2010 at 11:26 AM   #11
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

I'm in the process of selling it and I now have 150 for an acoustic guitar.
Recommendations for a place I could find a Yamaha FG700s for less than 200 bucks?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Last edited by goodnews.inc : 12-26-2010 at 06:09 PM.