MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Degroote MBA pdogg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-15-2014 10:41 PM
Degroote MBA pdogg Academics 0 10-15-2014 02:27 AM
Is this what they teach you how to do at Degroote? andrew22 General Discussion 19 04-09-2013 12:04 PM
DeGroote Q&A james2255 MacInsiders Announcements 11 01-15-2010 04:43 PM
DeGroote MeetUp goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-06-2009 10:03 PM

Transfer to Degroote

Old 12-05-2015 at 04:10 PM   #1
athyyk

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer to Degroote
Hello,

The question that I wanted to put out is if there is any specific requirement in terms of GPA that I would need to transfer from an Ontario university to first year commerce at McMaster. I have checked the website, and they say a minimum of 70% is required for the transfer. I will have something along the lines of an 81%. So the main question I would like to ask is what are my chances of being accepted for the transfer with a 81% cumulative average?
Old 12-05-2015 at 07:15 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Depends on the competition.
Nobody can tell you what your "chances" are in any sort of meaningful way.
Old 12-07-2015 at 01:01 AM   #3
Pattern

Liked: 0 Times

Hey there!

Based on your grades I think you have a good shot at being accepted. If you don't mind me asking, what university are you transferring from and what program? My friend that I am currently living with had transferred from a social science program (within McMaster) with around a B average. However, as starfish mentioned, competition varies year to year so there is no guarantee.
Old 12-07-2015 at 01:13 AM   #4
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

With an 81%, I suggest you go to another school other than DeGroote. Excuse the negativity but I think there are other better options like Ivey, UofT (all three campuses are good), Brock Accounting, and even Ryerson Accounting Coop is very good!

I don't think our business school is as good as it claims to be, look at the employment report and you can see that.