MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
courses from other faculties? Jackxer0 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 02:59 PM
switching faculties? m&ms Academics 2 02-27-2010 01:32 AM
Switching faculties Needlenose Academics 5 12-30-2009 06:52 PM
Transferring Faculties leaffan General Discussion 2 05-03-2009 01:35 PM

Transferring Faculties

Old 10-23-2010 at 09:00 PM   #1
shahzama

Liked: 1 Time

Transferring Faculties
Hi,

I am in first-year engineering and recently I have had a change of interests which made me consider switching to Medical Radiation Sciences.

I have read previous posts about students switching from engineering to social science and economics but none directly relating to my case. Could someone please provide some information about how I can transfer from engineering to Med. Rad. Sci.?

Thanks for your help.

_Luu_ likes this.
Old 10-23-2010 at 09:08 PM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

hmm i suggest an academic advisor right away, u prob dont have any of the pre-reqs for med rad but good luck and try and get a high avg so its easier to switch

shahzama says thanks to MCHEDDENITE for this post.
Old 10-23-2010 at 09:18 PM   #3
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Definitely go talk with Sally Williams ASAP:

John Hodgins Engineering Building (JHE), Room A214 - x24646
E-mail: [email protected]

shahzama says thanks to AnguishedEnd for this post.
Old 10-23-2010 at 09:27 PM   #4
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Med Rad is a pretty sweet program. Just putting it out there.
Old 10-23-2010 at 09:30 PM   #5
shahzama

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsci View Post
Med Rad is a pretty sweet program. Just putting it out there.
yup, that's why I want to transfer into it.
Old 10-23-2010 at 10:09 PM   #6
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

med rad is pretty cool i just dont think i culd do it due to my terrible experience as a co-op student in DI

dcfcmelissa likes this.
Old 10-23-2010 at 10:17 PM   #7
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Also would be a good idea to call or meet Nancy Brand, the academic counsellor for MedRadSci at x26256 for an idea of what GPA to get to be able to transfer in. But yeah, to be on the safe side get your marks as high as possible.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2010 at 01:37 AM   #8
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

There's people who switch from engineering to socsci? You best be joking. >.>; Negative respek from me. Who in the right mind would go into socsci?
Old 10-24-2010 at 02:59 AM   #9
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzama View Post
Could someone please provide some information about how I can transfer from engineering to Med. Rad. Sci.?
If you are who I think you are, what about all the fun you had at LEAP? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
There's people who switch from engineering to socsci? You best be joking. >.>; Negative respek from me. Who in the right mind would go into socsci?
A classmate of mine/member of MI switched from Eng into Soc Sci. He almost won the SRA Soc Sci election thing that just happened. He's a pretty cool guy and I'm sure he made the switch because he really thought it was better for him.
Old 10-24-2010 at 11:08 AM   #10
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
It's people like you who make this world a bad place. Stop trolling. Socsci is an amazing program and people go into it because it interests them, shocker eh? Not everyone likes engineering, business or the sciences.

xo.monica says thanks to MacAttk for this post.

Old 10-24-2010 at 12:29 PM   #11
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

shes just stupid because she's in soci sci n shes bashin her own program stop posting
Old 10-24-2010 at 02:15 PM   #12
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

A classmate of mine/member of MI switched from Eng into Soc Sci. He almost won the SRA Soc Sci election thing that just happened. He's a pretty cool guy and I'm sure he made the switch because he really thought it was better for him.
Jean-Marc <3

Old 10-24-2010 at 02:18 PM   #13
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
YOU best be joking. -_-
What's wrong with Soc Sci?
You've been in the program for about, what? not even 2 months now?

What the hell do you know about it?
If you don't like it, transfer. No one is begging you to stay.

You get negative "respek" from me.
*gives virtual poop*

eullwm, Juve like this.
Old 10-25-2010 at 01:37 PM   #14
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

There's a lot of people who choose Engineering just because of the prestige and financial gain when you start your career. People should follow it for a passion to solve problems and the technology. For example, if someone likes airplanes and sees himself as someone who's going to work with the design or ariplane parts. Than go ahead in enginering. Of course it doesn't have to be about airplanes
Old 10-25-2010 at 04:26 PM   #15
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

let me walk u guys through this..

loving what you do=you being one of the best at what you do (most of the time, b/c you dont mind putting in the extra effort)

you being the best at what you do=being the cream of the crop and standing out

standing out (+ a little bit of luck +getting in with the ole boy's club and playing golf on sunday with them+ NOT being socially awkward+selling yourself to prove your the right man for the job)=superior position than co-workers

superior position=more income

more income=beamer

*BUT the only thing i would add is that MOST engineers can get away with just getting a bachelors, whereas most b.a,b.sc's,b.commerce are a dime a dozen and graduate school (phd's,mba's) is necessary in order to further your career, but if you really love what you do it it wont matter anyways....(multiple degrees is also good!)