MacInsiders Logo

Troll spotting....wtf?

Old 12-15-2010 at 10:54 PM   #16
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I sometimes type out descriptors for people, then put in a nicer synonym upon reviewing my post.
i has been banned for using inappropriate language far too many times
hey! be nice RYAN!!!! well i dont understand still you saw that i like nickelback and decided that i must look like a troll....?!?!
Old 12-15-2010 at 10:59 PM   #17
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties13 View Post
hey! be nice RYAN!!!! well i dont understand still you saw that i like nickelback and decided that i must look like a troll....?!?!
Yep. That's it.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:01 PM   #18
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

http://forums.techpowerup.co m/show...php?t=1357 99

Eternal Fire, Watoko like this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:02 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I don't feel one way or another about said band, its just some people don't feel the same way as me.

I was nice!
sorta
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:33 PM   #20
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

this is a quote from the link zango provided:

Quote:
The YerATroll. YerATrolls are those whining forumites who devote a tremendous amount of time and energy complaining about the tremendous amount of time an energy expended by Troll Bashers and Angry Forumites on the practice of troll-hunting. A self-righteous and hypocritical breed, YerATrolls spend all their time pointing fingers at everyone but trolls, petulantly demanding that their opinions be granted the significance the YerATroll believes they deserve. YerATrolls often start threads excoriating others for troll-hunting, all the while completely oblivious to the fact that they're engaging in trolling by picking fights with everyone else. One of the most ill-tempered of troll species, YerATrolls are characterized by a childish need for attention disguised as cynical nobility and pretensions of being "above it all."
Sounds familiar anyone?

collinbf likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:55 PM   #21
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
I think someone thought you were a troll when you said you liked nickleback because they don't understand how anybody can like nickleback and neither do I lol

Old 12-16-2010 at 12:04 AM   #22
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

You're all fucking small time
Old 12-16-2010 at 12:10 AM   #23
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Successful troll thread is successful.
Old 12-16-2010 at 08:47 AM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I sometimes type out descriptors for people, then put in a nicer synonym upon reviewing my post.
i has been banned for using inappropriate language far too many times
You're a wimp.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-16-2010 at 09:07 AM   #25
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I find it kind of funny how you're being trolled by trolls who are calling you a troll.

However, to actually explain what they mean: a troll is someone who makes it their goal to generally disrupt the funtion of the forums in one way or another. Most common are trolls who try to upset people. Obviously someone believed you were trolling with your nickelback comment, taking it as extreme sarcasm meant to derail the concert thread, as most people don't share your love of nickelback.

Don't let it get to you.
Old 12-16-2010 at 10:30 AM   #26
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

And with Dave's post, I think this is a great time to close the thread. Question has been answered, and its likely to just devolve from here.

The easiest solution is to make sure all your posts are helpful and polite.

doug says thanks to Marlowe for this post.