MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Academix Tickets? killerbeatz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-05-2010 08:02 PM
leafs tickets lorend General Discussion 5 02-16-2009 11:49 AM
Football Tickets lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2008 07:04 PM
Wonderland tickets - $34 Chad General Discussion 1 05-22-2008 07:47 AM

TTC Tickets?

Old 11-18-2009 at 04:03 PM   #1
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

TTC Tickets?
I'm going to Toronto for a concert tomorrow with a couple other people, and we're going to be taking the TTC bus (#72) from Union Station to get to the Sound Academy. Since it's a few bucks cheaper, we were going to buy a book of 5 tickets and 1 single ticket, rather than 6 single tickets. When I called to ask about where to buy a book of 5 tickets, the operator was very unhelpful - apparently they have tokens, not tickets anymore, and a limited number of adult tokens, and my best bet is to ask the bus driver for 5 and hope that he has that many.

Does anyone know a better way to get the tokens, or if they sell them in Union Station or something? Only having a limited number of tokens available seems very counter-productive if you want people to use the system...
Old 11-18-2009 at 04:13 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
I'm going to Toronto for a concert tomorrow with a couple other people, and we're going to be taking the TTC bus (#72) from Union Station to get to the Sound Academy. Since it's a few bucks cheaper, we were going to buy a book of 5 tickets and 1 single ticket, rather than 6 single tickets. When I called to ask about where to buy a book of 5 tickets, the operator was very unhelpful - apparently they have tokens, not tickets anymore, and a limited number of adult tokens, and my best bet is to ask the bus driver for 5 and hope that he has that many.

Does anyone know a better way to get the tokens, or if they sell them in Union Station or something? Only having a limited number of tokens available seems very counter-productive if you want people to use the system...
Just go to the entrance booth at Union station and as for 5 tokens. You can't buy 6 tokens, only 5 or 10. There are also machines that accept bills where you can buy tokens.

Maegs says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 11-18-2009 at 04:17 PM   #3
KRan

Liked: 10 Times

Usually you can buy as many as you want, but since the adult fare is going up in January, TTC is limiting the number of tokens each person can buy so that people don't stockpile them.

Maegs says thanks to KRan for this post.
Old 11-18-2009 at 04:19 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRan View Post
Usually you can buy as many as you want, but since the adult fare is going up in January, TTC is limiting the number of tokens each person can buy so that people don't stockpile them.
Again? Wow... that is depressing.
Old 11-18-2009 at 05:59 PM   #5
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Thanks for your responses! I have another quick question that I forgot about: do university students get a discount on tickets?
Old 11-18-2009 at 06:02 PM   #6
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

Only on monthly passes, I believe. And that was only voted on yesterday... not sure if it's implemented yet.

Edit:

Nevermind, it looks like students get discounts on all fares: http://www3.ttc.ca/News/2009/Novembe...TC_F ares.jsp

However, it's only High School students at the moment. University students start with the new fares as far as I know.

Last edited by DavidR : 11-18-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Maegs says thanks to DavidR for this post.
Old 11-18-2009 at 08:02 PM   #7
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

My friends in university in Toronto have to buy monthly passes with no discount, the full 109 dollars a month I think it was... but I'm not sure how much of a hike it'll be.