MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understanding timetable codes Limbacker First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-19-2010 07:19 PM
Master Course Timetable down?? DMe3 Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:31 AM
Master Timetable Down?? hellohello Academics 16 06-15-2010 11:11 AM
U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM
Master Course Timetable Available! lorend Academics 45 08-07-2008 02:47 PM

Understanding the Master Timetable...

Old 06-24-2009 at 02:18 AM   #31
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yep, I've already done my research on what I need to take. I even have an order of courses to register in.

You have 2 Chem 1A03 tutorials in your schedule.... I'm pretty sure you can just take away the 8:30 Chem 1A03 tutorial. Other than that your term 1 looks very good apart from Monday

Your term 2 also looks very nice, apart from Monday again. I can't deal with 4 hours of listening. But we are all different.

I'm very envious of your schedule Lol

I just realised I'd never be aptly suited to residence because...I enjoy cooking... at 3 AM.

Thanks! I never realised that! I was flip flopping between Tuesday morning Chem and Monday. I think I like Monday better because...I'm already there and I might as well...and this way it's an incentive to not leave my work till the last minute because I could discuss it in tutorials and so if I have something due the day of the lecture, I'm not working the night before for that Tuesday morning and I have my concerns cleared in advance.

I was hesitant to put Economics in Term 1 because I realised I might neglect it because of all the math and science.

Is your schedule more tightly packed? Or do you have awkward timings?
What drew you to your program if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes even the worst schedules are compensated by interest in the subject.
Old 06-24-2009 at 02:24 AM   #32
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

That's pretty much what drew me to the program. I really like genetics.

My schedule is all over the place....

12hours of break in 9 breaks in term 1. On mondays I have 8:30 class AND night class that ends at 10.

Term 2 is a lot better, 18 hours of break in 10 breaks. So I have longer breaks. But I do end at 5:20/6:20 everyday. No 8:30 classes though ^-^
Old 06-24-2009 at 02:33 AM   #33
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
That's pretty much what drew me to the program. I really like genetics.

My schedule is all over the place....

12hours of break in 9 breaks in term 1. On mondays I have 8:30 class AND night class that ends at 10.

Term 2 is a lot better, 18 hours of break in 10 breaks. So I have longer breaks. But I do end at 5:20/6:20 everyday. No 8:30 classes though ^-^

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind night classes?

That's great about Term 2 though
It's always nice ending the year off well

I never took night or evening classes, or wanted anything past 4 because I'm commuting nearly an hour in the winter and it gets dark fast and very cold and that's probably not the safest combination in the world when you're waiting for a ride to pick you up.

Hopefully you're on residence or really close by so that isn't a problem for you
Old 06-24-2009 at 02:44 AM   #34
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Yep, renting a house for the year.

I hate night classes and was greatly disappointed when I saw I had one. But I didn't like the material in the last night class I had, so it might be different this time. However, I'm not to keen on sitting down for 3 hours straight listening to the same person on the same topic.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:22 PM   #35
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yep, renting a house for the year.

I hate night classes and was greatly disappointed when I saw I had one. But I didn't like the material in the last night class I had, so it might be different this time. However, I'm not to keen on sitting down for 3 hours straight listening to the same person on the same topic.
I'm sorry to jump "back to business" again </joke> but...when SOLAR opens for Business I students on June 30th...I can pick my courses before going to the info session and still come back and change them after the information session if I radically change my mind for some reason?

They should schedule in breaks.

If you can take in snacks, you should try that.
I find that eating sometimes makes the most annoying classes more bearable.
Especially fruit. Great pick-me-up.

They discovered in this prestigious law firm that pencilling in naps for the employees during the day increased productivity and probably employee satisfaction.

Imagine if a prof were to say, "Pencils down everyone. Nap time."

But if they did...I'd be so thrown that I wouldn't be able to sleep.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:35 PM   #36
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I actually think that night classes do have breaks within them; of course, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my friends mentioned that you get like a 15 min break or something. That and you sometimes get out early.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:39 PM   #37
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Damn! I just realised I made a ton of errors on my schedule. Either that or my hand kept slipping and shifting the blocks as I tried to move the window out of the way and by the "new places" the courses landed, I'm guessing it was a bit of both. Real pain.
Old 06-25-2009 at 12:09 AM   #38
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
I actually think that night classes do have breaks within them; of course, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my friends mentioned that you get like a 15 min break or something. That and you sometimes get out early.
Yeah, you do get a break. I've had night classes before. But it's still really exhausting.
Old 06-25-2009 at 12:49 AM   #39
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah, you do get a break. I've had night classes before. But it's still really exhausting.
Yeah that's understandable. I would hate to listen to a 3 hour lecture. That being said, I unfortunately have to take a night class this year.
Old 06-25-2009 at 01:05 AM   #40
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Yay! I'm not alone ^-^ XD
Old 06-25-2009 at 07:14 AM   #41
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

:| Night classes.

Sometimes profs are bad and they'll give you a 5 minute break because they "need to cover material". Most of the time they'll let you out early though (9-9:30)
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:47 PM   #42
0t10

Liked: 0 Times

hey, im joining Mac this sept and have been reading threads like this for a a few weeks now and i've learned alot!!

someone seems to have mentioned something abt components and tutorials. I think i understand what components are and what a core(lecture) and lab (this ones obvious) are. But im not sure what a tutorial is.

anyone knows what this mysterious tutorial thing is? and what we do in it?
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:53 PM   #43
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t10 View Post
hey, im joining Mac this sept and have been reading threads like this for a a few weeks now and i've learned alot!!

someone seems to have mentioned something abt components and tutorials. I think i understand what components are and what a core(lecture) and lab (this ones obvious) are. But im not sure what a tutorial is.

anyone knows what this mysterious tutorial thing is? and what we do in it?
Tutorials are often (with the exception of some/most/all math classes) smaller class sizes. The purpose of them is to have a T.A. (Teaching Assistant) go over material with you that may be a review of what you learned in lectures that week, or some new material that you need to know for a midterm/exam. Think of them as a high-school type classroom.

0t10 says thanks to PTGregD for this post.