MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Request a Course Waiver goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2010 09:01 PM
Prerequisite Waiver and Solar resh.jyoti Academics 6 06-12-2010 10:19 AM
How to use requisite waiver on solar? MLSA29 Academics 1 06-16-2009 12:50 PM
unused textbooks from semester 1 sinthusized General Discussion 10 12-07-2008 01:06 PM

Unused Course Waiver

Old 07-13-2009 at 10:03 PM   #1
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Unused Course Waiver
Can unused course waivers be used for subsequent years? (ie. from Fall 2009 to Fall 2010?)

I feel bad for having to ask for a waiver from a prof and not using it, but I want the opportunity to take it in my final year. Quite the pickle. blaaghghh
Old 07-13-2009 at 10:18 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I shall trade you the waiver for one candy worm
Edit: But in actuality while I do want it, I am researching the answer for you

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 10:23 PM   #3
myoozik

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I shall trade you the waiver for one candy worm
Edit: But in actuality while I do want it, I am researching the answer for you
Thanks for helping out!

ahaha I'm currently looking for it as well. It says "look in the undergraduate calendar", but boy is that the most vague answer ever.

Oh, and you probably wouldn't want the waiver, it's for a third year bio course.

And where exactly did you live in Abu Dhabi? I lived on Hamdan Street, the building was called Bin Karam I believe. A tall green building.
Old 07-13-2009 at 10:26 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
Thanks for helping out!

ahaha I'm currently looking for it as well. It says "look in the undergraduate calendar", but boy is that the most vague answer ever.

Oh, and you probably wouldn't want the waiver, it's for a third year bio course.

And where exactly did you live in Abu Dhabi? I lived on Hamdan Street, the building was called Bin Karam I believe. A tall green building.
I want a waiver for a first year bio but I wouldn't mind a 3rd year either
While I was looking it up, I didn't find any definite answers but I would think that each year it may "reset" itself and any unused waivers may bite the dust. You could contact that same professor, explain due to scheduling conflicts you wouldn't be able to take it right now but are interested in pursuing it next year and requesting whether it would last that long

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 10:52 PM   #5
myoozik

Yeah, I'm most likely going to request a new waiver next year.

Thank goodness the prof is awesome.
Old 07-14-2009 at 10:07 AM   #6
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

I'm pretty sure waivers only apply for the academic year they were requested for.

They don't know how many seats will be available in each course year after year, since it always changes, and courses may not be offered every single year either, so it wouldn't make sense for waivers to carry over.