MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Egypt Essentially Turns Off The Internet Chad MacInsiders Announcements 90 01-31-2011 11:22 PM
Live Video of Egypt Protests Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 01-30-2011 07:48 PM
Rez-wide Formal 2010. Destination: Egypt! sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 6 11-09-2010 09:03 PM
Anyone been to Egypt recently? Am I crazy to go there? melchizedek General Discussion 9 03-17-2010 06:33 PM

Update: Egypt

mkozi, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Chad for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-31-2011 at 06:11 AM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times
if u want reliable info for egypt check aljazeera its better then cnn

killza likes this.

Old 01-31-2011 at 07:39 AM   #3
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
if u want reliable info for egypt check aljazeera its better then cnn
Aljazeera (BBC and CNNi as well) tend to be much better sources of international news than the american news stations (CNN/MSNBC/Fox).

Old 01-31-2011 at 08:11 AM   #4
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Aljazeera (BBC and CNNi as well) tend to be much better sources of international news than the american news stations (CNN/MSNBC/Fox).
I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I was watching CNN on Saturday and most of the time is spent interviewing senators with little to no knowledge on the situation who spout nothing but "Israel this, Israel that". I want to know what is going on in Egypt, not how what is going on in Egypt might do something to Israel.

robots likes this.

Old 01-31-2011 at 09:04 AM   #5
mfattal
Elite Member

if u open the arabic jazeera channel u can see the protests and how people are getting hosed and ran over buy trucks

there was even a seen where the guys were praying and the truck was hosing them down

pretty intense

eullwm likes this.

Old 01-31-2011 at 09:13 AM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
that video gave me chills

Old 01-31-2011 at 09:37 AM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
You can watch it here in English: http://english.aljazeera.net /watch_now/

Every other news station/paper doesn't have as much coverage as Al-Jazeera. Simply because they're in the region and they created a new "secret" headquarters after the government shut down their main office in the Maspiro (television) building.

Someone please explain to me why he hasn't left yet :@:@:@. All he's doing is reshuffling his allies (and some well-respected individuals) into the new government. Grrrrrr.
/end rant

Old 01-31-2011 at 09:48 AM   #8
mfattal
Elite Member

Man I am Arab and my Respect to Egyptians just grew

L'Étoile, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Old 01-31-2011 at 12:44 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
Man I am Arab and my Respect to Egyptians just grew
That was my feeling towards the Tunisians as well and now, as scared as I am, I couldn't be more proud of my country. People have reached the point where they're publicly asking for his execution!

Old 01-31-2011 at 01:27 PM   #10
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That was my feeling towards the Tunisians as well and now, as scared as I am, I couldn't be more proud of my country. People have reached the point where they're publicly asking for his execution!
Egypt closed the only source of life for the palestinians.. All i know if that happened to my country the government will be gone in 1 hour.. Im shocked that mubarak still has supporters in egypt and thats why hes still in power this "revolution" is only a small phase that will pass and mubarak will stay .. Until now i can say is that egypt is the scum of the arab world and its their fault israel is what it is and with ur peace with israel. If the egyptians are loyal mubarak would have been gone when he signed peace papers with israel .. This is all a show .. Thanks egypt and good luck with ur "revolution"

Commander says thanks to Drizzy for this post.

Commander likes this.

Old 01-31-2011 at 01:35 PM   #11
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
Egypt closed the only source of life for the palestinians.. All i know if that happened to my country the government will be gone in 1 hour.. Im shocked that mubarak still has supporters in egypt and thats why hes still in power this "revolution" is only a small phase that will pass and mubarak will stay .. Until now i can say is that egypt is the scum of the arab world and its their fault israel is what it is and with ur peace with israel. If the egyptians are loyal mubarak would have been gone when he signed peace papers with israel .. This is all a show .. Thanks egypt and good luck with ur "revolution"
How hateful :(

I'd go into an essay but frankly don't have time unfortunately. Just thought I'd express my distaste at reading that.

Old 01-31-2011 at 11:18 PM   #12
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
Pure Jews and Arabs should stop fighting, unite and rule the world.

Seriously, no one would be able to stop us.

Old 02-01-2011 at 04:00 AM   #13
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
where do u get ur information

the reason that help couldn't let help come threw it to Palestine was all Mubarak's fault
Egyptians had nothing to do with it

and there are no Egyptians supporting Mubarak except his family

~*Sara*~ likes this.

Old 02-01-2011 at 07:45 AM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Unlike crazyfree, I will correct your so-called knowledge. Where did you get your information? Wikipedia?! First of all, the Camp David accords were signed by El-Sadat and Israeli PM Menachen Begin in 1978 way before Mubarak came into power 1981.
Only source of life? Do you know where Gaza is located? The border between Gaza and Egypt is f*&%ing tiny compared to its border with Israel. If anything, the aid should come in from Israel, not from Egypt. Here's a map to correct your knowledge: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Specials/2...za_map_060704/ We have opened the Rafah border crossing on a daily basis unless there was unrest at the border or smuggling of people/weapons going on. More than 200 people pass through each day to get to hospitals as well as all their necessary needs from Egypt. But to actually live there.. We're a country of enough poverty going on, Palestinians coming to live there will not benefit as much as you think. With that being said, there's at least a few hundred thousand Palestinian refugees living in Egypt, and I know a number of families. Long story, short, read up on your history and get to the root of the problem not minute problems on the side. Do you remember at all the bombing of the Turkish flotilla that was heading with aid towards Gaza? Who was the culprit? Of course, Israel. Israel is the reason of why the Palestinian people are in the state they're in right now, that, and the fact that Hamas and Fatah won't stop arguing, far from Egypt "closing [their] only source of life".
Secondly, no uprising occurs in this so-called hour you speak of. Look at history once again. Do you know how long the American Revolution lasted? I'll leave you to look that up . He doesn't have supporters. His only supporters are the US and the allies he had so far, i.e. all the people who have benefited from having a close relationship with him such as businessmen and such. No, he's still in power because the US and Israel don't want him to leave, not because of the people! No, this revolution will not pass as you think. Egyptians tend to be very quiet and without expressing themselves for a really long time. But once they lose their temper once, they can't be stopped. Again, based on history. And yes, history will repeat itself. Our peace with Israel is none of your business or for the rest of the world for that matter. We had enough people die in 1967 and 1973 to free our country. With a country that we share a border with, we needed a peace treaty. Otherwise, there may have been bloodshed till today. Egypt is not the scum of the Arab world and we'll prove you wrong. Good day, sir.
Note: Every time I mentioned Israel, I am referring to the politicians and army, the Arab world has NOTHING against it's population.

Old 02-01-2011 at 07:47 AM   #15
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
Sara why do you bother responding to obvious trolls?

Just ignore everything Commander and Drizzy/Juve say.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Rakim for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search