MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vector Programs mike_302 Computers & Tech 0 08-12-2011 11:53 AM
UCalgary + Vector Marketing Partnership lorend Volunteering Opportunities 6 04-29-2010 03:55 PM

Vector marketing ??

Old 05-11-2013 at 02:08 PM   #1
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

Vector marketing ??
I've been looking for a summer position for a long time and at some point I might have applied for a Customer sales and service representative position at Vector Marketing Ltd. Anybody know anything about the firm?

I searched up on Google and surprisingly, I was overwhelmed by all the negative reviews about the firm and their work ethic. I have to make a decision by tonight and call them back to schedule at interview.

Any suggestions/advice/comments would be appreciated

thanks
Old 05-11-2013 at 02:44 PM   #2
kotton

Liked: 9 Times

It's a scam. They make you buy their product for $200+ and then expect you to sell it to family/friends. Essentially just a "pyramid scheme". The wage is based off how well you sell.. No base pay.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 05-11-2013 at 02:53 PM   #3
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

I did the interview and got the job but did not decide to go with it because I actually thought I was gonna sell with a partner. I was not too comfortable with going into other people's homes and selling the product by myself.

However, if you are comfortable with that, I suggest trying it for a few weeks because there isn't any contract. If you are not sure, read what they make you sign carefully and don't feel rushed to put your signature down. Ask how long you are expected to work and so on.

I am not sure about scams and ethics, but I don't think it's too risky to give it a shot.
Old 05-11-2013 at 04:08 PM   #4
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

pyramid scheme
Old 05-11-2013 at 04:28 PM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Its a scheme. The only way to earn money fast is with Organo Gold.
Old 05-11-2013 at 06:46 PM   #6
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Do not do this. It's a scam. Trust me.
Old 05-11-2013 at 07:17 PM   #7
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

RUN AWAY! They once hired me to do in home demonstrations and sales for a set of knives. You wouldn't make any money and are expected to find your own leads.
Old 07-11-2013 at 02:01 AM   #8
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

I almost got scammed into doing it, don't do it!
Old 07-11-2013 at 01:42 PM   #9
meoop

Liked: 0 Times

Its a scam. Search about it. Other scams or pyramid schemes include Verve and ACN. They tell you about how they "made it" and drive all these fancy cards but if you look around in the parking lot you'll see a bunch of 1995 Honda Civics. The just dress nice and talk nice.
Old 07-11-2013 at 10:28 PM   #10
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Not a scam. I worked for them for awhile, you just can't be lazy.
(22:09:17) Entropy: k now I need someone else to fill in the void
(22:10:14) ChatBot: Desda logs into the Chat.
Old 07-12-2013 at 09:31 AM   #11
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Better Business Bureau - http://www.bbb.org/saskatchewan/busi...ville-on-11225

wall street journal article on them - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1217...1111649. html
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-13-2013 at 06:16 PM   #12
jessicaherndz

Liked: 0 Times

Lol I don't know but my friend told me it was a scam. Just think, you get a callback from them literally the day after you apply? When does that ever happen.
Old 07-13-2013 at 09:33 PM   #13
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Now that I give it a second thought, I sorta agree with sarasullz, it isn't a scam. It's just a job where there is a really ROI, in other words, a waste of your time if you bother :/
Old 07-13-2013 at 09:55 PM   #14
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I almost got roped into same thing but with Appco. They took me on a job shadow during "second round" but almost everyone got through. I thought it was smart that they would take you out for a day and test your observation skills and see what you are signing up for.

The real problem I had with this was they kept talking about expanding and promotions. MY mentor for the day brought out a paper showing his "income" and also stated how he gets money from people he recruits to his team (like a pyramid). The worst part was after touring with them since 1pm in Brampton, walking in sun door to door till 9pm they wanted a FINAL interview at 10pm back downtown Toronto. At that point I didn't think that was normal and just didn't show up (the final interview wouldn't have hurt anyways).

Another thing is the validity of the stuff they are selling. They were selling HVACs for heaters/AC and insulation saying how the big companies direct energy etc were being bad to the customers etc etc. I don't know the validity of the stuff I would have been "programmed to say" and whether the products sold or the company switching is trustworthy to switch (they did spew contract free etc). Plus the numbers didn't make sense. You sold a 600-700 dollar hvac system and company gives u ~200? I don't think so.... Those articles about selling yourself, trust etc were very true and I did learn some things about that from one job shadow day

Last edited by Leeoku : 07-14-2013 at 04:33 AM.