MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Freedom Festival ViktorVaughn General Discussion 3 05-01-2010 08:08 AM
Summer Drama Festival ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-18-2008 07:48 AM
Summer Drama Festival 2008 Auditions Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-27-2008 09:16 AM
Summer Drama Festival Director Position Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2008 01:20 PM
Summer Drama Festival! Chad Arts 1 07-11-2007 05:39 PM

Virgin Festival VS Orientation

Old 06-18-2008 at 08:27 PM   #16
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Downsview is molson!?!?! WARPED IS AT MOLSON!? Not even cool. ::anger::

Kay.

Warped is great if you're into punk rock, or anything alternative really. 30+ bands in one day...tons of stages. Good times! Very dusty though. Tickets are about 50$? Correct me if I'm worng.

Rogers Picnic is just popular...better for more easy listening music. City and Colour (<3) is headlining this year. I have no idea how much tickets are I'm going for free

Edgefest again more popular music, but in short it's anythign you hear on 102.1 the edge. It's a great show but the disadvantage for me are the seats. I hate stadium concerts. LoL.

I LOVE the cute statements everyone's making about the friends we'll make at Mac.
Old 06-18-2008 at 09:14 PM   #17
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

*note my edit*

I have met a lot of people at Mac that are nothing like me. I went to an incredibly cliquey high school, and I've found (with a few bitchy exceptions I know) that Mac is really open to...difference. Diversity and inclusivity are really important for/at Mac, regardless of if it has to do with culture or religion or general interests.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-18-2008 at 10:09 PM   #18
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

Go to VFest!
As an avid concert goer, I say go to the concert. You never know if you're going to get the chance to see these acts live again. I'm going to the Rogers Picnic, which I'm really excited about!
Old 06-18-2008 at 10:12 PM   #19
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Yay Rogers Picnic!
Old 06-20-2008 at 12:15 AM   #20
mclellk

Liked: 0 Times

if you want to do v-fest and you've got the tickets, do it! despite what people are saying, the bands this year look awesome and it could be a great time.

though i could be biased seeing as i have my pass and i've been pumped for it since they released the first lineup.
Old 06-20-2008 at 12:40 AM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I lied.

Warped Tour is at one of the crappiest venues in the GTA: Arrow Hall.

Lame.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-20-2008 at 10:07 AM   #22
jjcole

Liked: 0 Times

VFest is going to be awesome this year, Foo Fighters and Oasis? Well worth the money, and its not $120 a day, it's like $80 + fees, after fees it was still only $160 for both days. I'm also going to Rogers Picnic though, really just for the first two opening bands lol. And of course Paramore in August... could this be why I have $3000 of credit card debt? =O