Vote! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-09-2007 03:38 PM
Vote For Your Fav. Prof! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-12-2007 02:03 PM

Vote For Shikha

Old 08-12-2009 at 11:31 AM   #15
5footwonder

Liked: 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Not trying to play the devil's advocate here, but don't you think that the winner should be someone who really truly deserves it? They all give good arguments but i personally think that Stephanie deserves the prize the most. i'm just sayin'. XD

I don't know of a more deserving, kind-hearted person. I met Shikha when we both took an organic chemistry class in the summer (fun times) she didn't even know me, yet she still was willing to help when I had questions or needed help with the assignments. That course is very demanding as many of you know, and yet this stranger was more than happy to help, not just me but many others (always with a genuine smile on her face). I think that is a testiment to her character. If you ever have a question or need an opinion on anything from courses to homework help she is always willing to help (at least I have found ) So why shouldn't the award go to someone who is making a difference in our own community (McMaster) and pursuing one of the hardest fields to get into.

Having watched her video, and learning more about what she does, I don't know how she manages it all and I really hope she does win (not just because she's from McMaster but because of who she is).

Sundes

Old 08-12-2009 at 12:02 PM   #16
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
sure the other people are a bit more deserving but Shikha is the only mac student.. and hey Much will come to our university which benefits all of us. Best of luck to the other contestents as well. I'm sure the person who really deserves it will win.

Old 08-13-2009 at 11:52 AM   #17
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Not trying to play the devil's advocate here, but don't you think that the winner should be someone who really truly deserves it? They all give good arguments but i personally think that Stephanie deserves the prize the most. i'm just sayin'. XD
Why does Stephanie deserve it most? Honestly, people who need greater financial aid can get it most easily via government, bursaries, etc. The contestants would not have applied if they did not need the money. Also, just because someone didn't pour out their life story to MuchMusic does not indicate that they are not financially struggling. As a student, we'd all enjoy some extra cash. Thus, I don't think it's fair to say one person needs it more than another. You can vote for whoever you'd like, but I know how much work Shikha puts in and how much she actually needs the funds.

Old 08-13-2009 at 01:13 PM   #18
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times
I just found out about this yesterday because two o the finalists are from my school. Although two of the finalists were classmates of mine, and "school friends" so I have bias I do like the creativity of Shikah's entry. You go girl ! Good luck!

Old 08-14-2009 at 12:27 AM   #19
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Thus, I don't think it's fair to say one person needs it more than another. You can vote for whoever you'd like, but I know how much work Shikha puts in and how much she actually needs the funds.
But then it's not fair to say the contrapositive...name ly that anyone needs the money in the first place...so I think those two sentences are in direct contradiction with each other.

I mean I back the home team and all...simply because I think we shouldn't vote based on testamony and instead treat it like the popularity contest it is. Naturally, anyone can lie, mislead, or misrepresent themselves...and how do we, as voters, make an informed decision? Furthermore, why would we think about a contest like this more than some people think about voting for political parties?

The way I see it, what's the probability that the person who deserved it the absolute most made it to the finals? Slim to nill. What's the probability that every single one of the finalists worked hard, and deserved to win? Rather high...So what motivates us to vote for Shikha? ...

Because we like Shikha. (:

Old 08-15-2009 at 02:19 PM   #20
shikha

Liked: 0 Times
Thank to everyone who has been voting so far ...remember you can vote everyday ! thankssss guys

Old 08-17-2009 at 01:01 AM   #21
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
*Bump*

Keep voting guys (:

lorend likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search