MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campus Music Explosion - Band Competition Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-11-2012 05:25 PM
Texas Hold 'em Poker <------- thanosgp General Discussion 17 09-30-2011 01:17 PM
Help McMaster win the Campus Music Explosion! Marlowe Music 0 04-06-2010 10:11 AM

Waco, Texas Explosion

Old 04-18-2013 at 01:14 AM   #1
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Waco, Texas Explosion

Another big ass explosion in the states. Michael Bay is rolling in his grave.

Explosion caused by fire on fertilizer factory. Over 60 people are reported dead.

I wonder why it's not all over the news, but I guess 60 dead blue colors are not as important.

Last edited by MrPlinkett : 04-18-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:16 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

My condolences go out to all the families and people affected by this and may the dead rest in peace...amen.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:19 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post

I wonder why it's not all over the news, but I guess 60 dead blue colors are not as important.
What?

I don't understand.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:24 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
What?

I don't understand.
OP is saying why isn't this being as publicized or to a similar degree as the event that happened at the Boston Marathon I think.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:32 AM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:

Explosion caused by fire on fertilizer factory. Over 60 people are reported dead.

Blue collars?

starfish says thanks to britb for this post.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:38 AM   #6
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

but it is all over the news.
chch and ctv are some of the channels that were just talking about it. Also, was covered in the Spec.
Old 04-18-2013 at 09:41 AM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Blue collars?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks

I was wondering what the OP meant by blue colours

But yeah, it's been all over the news...

Maybe not quite so much as the Boston marathon. But if the Waco explosion was an act of terrorism, then it would be. As far as anyone can tell right now, it was an "accident", as opposed to the deliberate bombings of the marathon. The two events are on totally different levels, and since they happened so close together, the one that could be linked to terrorism is going to be the one that concerns people more.
Old 04-18-2013 at 10:05 AM   #8
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:

Are you serious? You wonder why its not all over the news? How did you hear about it then? Are you saying its not as important as the boston bombings? This is a horrible accident, the boston bombings are a completely different situation that has americans worried about more attacks. This is a horrible accident, some sites even say hundreds are dead.
Old 04-18-2013 at 10:51 AM   #9
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Are you serious? You wonder why its not all over the news? How did you hear about it then? Are you saying its not as important as the boston bombings? This is a horrible accident, the boston bombings are a completely different situation that has americans worried about more attacks. This is a horrible accident, some sites even say hundreds are dead.

If you check, I posted that yesterday (technically today as I did it after midnight). Back then there was little to no mentioning of that on TV. A bunch of palls of mine from US also didn't hear about it. Also I didn't get to hear about it from the news, I heard about it from a private blog.

This is a horrible accident, the boston bombings are a completely different situation that has americans worried about more attacks.

So if 1000s of people die due to accident, it's still not as important as 3 people who died because of some wacko? Whaaaaaat!

I was wondering what the OP meant by blue colours

Hey! Don't make fun of my gramah!
Old 04-18-2013 at 12:33 PM   #10
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

You've right. You're got a brilliant mind! Thanks for the gramm-er advice herbs

Last edited by heygoodlookin : 04-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2013 at 01:30 PM   #11
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heygoodlookin View Post
Your right. You'e got a brilliant mind!
You're*
You've*
Old 04-18-2013 at 01:54 PM   #12
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
You're*
You've*
First of all, I would like to commend you for having the most relevant posts on the entirety of MacInsiders. Thank you for your commitment to posting in every single thread in existence, and for spurning the trolls of this website. I cannot imagine my forum experience without you.

Now on topic:

Yes, OP is right that the lack of coverage is abysmally low for this compared to the marathon. However, it is also because of a matter of how one case is with purpose while the other is accident.

For one case, a tragic event occurred, and that's it. For the other, it's not really over yet. There's still someone on the loose and can do more damage. In both scenarios, there were an unfortunate loss of lives and that cannot be discounted, which is a shame, but the fact remains that the danger is not over yet and so the coverage continues.

heygoodlookin says thanks to justinsftw for this post.

Old 04-18-2013 at 02:22 PM   #13
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

lmao. thanks justin. im starting to think herbs and 'mrplinkett' are one and the same. whops, i mean i'm. I was going to explain the difference somewhat along the same lines as justin, but why bother? obvi 'mr.plinkett' aka herbs, is probably stressed from exams like us all and maybe his brain is working at 100%
Old 04-18-2013 at 02:46 PM   #14
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
First of all, I would like to commend you for having the most relevant posts on the entirety of MacInsiders. Thank you for your commitment to posting in every single thread in existence, and for spurning the trolls of this website. I cannot imagine my forum experience without you.
You're welcome.
I never knew I posted on every single thread in existence (ever since I joined).
Thanks for the information.

Quote:
lmao. thanks justin. im starting to think herbs and 'mrplinkett' are one and the same. whops, i mean i'm. I was going to explain the difference somewhat along the same lines as justin, but why bother? obvi 'mr.plinkett' aka herbs, is probably stressed from exams like us all and maybe his brain is working at 100%
Nice try.
The mods can run an IP check through the ModCP to verify that. I have no need to make a second account.

See below how to type out my username if you need it.

Quote:
You've right. You're got a brilliant mind! Thanks for the gramm-er advice herbs
You're welcome...because you really needed it.
herBs*
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:05 PM   #15
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
You're welcome.
I never knew I posted on every single thread in existence (ever since I joined).
Thanks for the information.

Nice try.
The mods can run an IP check through the ModCP to verify that. I have no need to make a second account.

See below how to type out my username if you need it.

You're welcome...because you really needed it.
herBs*
herb, I was being sarcastic. Your spending you're time well eye see. You're comments are my grammor are is pointless are mr.plinketts initial post.