MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campus Music Explosion - Band Competition Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-11-2012 05:25 PM
Texas Hold 'em Poker <------- thanosgp General Discussion 17 09-30-2011 01:17 PM
Help McMaster win the Campus Music Explosion! Marlowe Music 0 04-06-2010 10:11 AM

Waco, Texas Explosion

Old 04-18-2013 at 03:13 PM   #16
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Return to the topic. Further derailing will result in a warning and/or infraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heygoodlookin View Post
herb, I was being sarcastic. Your spending you're time well eye see. You're comments are my grammor are as pointless as mr.plinketts initial post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
You're welcome.
I never knew I posted on every single thread in existence (ever since I joined).
Thanks for the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
First of all, I would like to commend you for having the most relevant posts on the entirety of MacInsiders. Thank you for your commitment to posting in every single thread in existence, and for spurning the trolls of this website. I cannot imagine my forum experience without you.
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:19 PM   #17
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

Oh No!, an infraction point. lmao as cartman is asked 'was it worth it' i reply with 'totally'. Whats the point in having a forum if you cant debate among your peers? This was a troll post to begin with. This will be my last post on mac insiders. Way to trample on the Canadian bill of rights. see 1 D

Chris23 likes this.
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:36 PM   #18
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

The OP obviously doesnt understand the circumstances of the two events if they think that they are of the same magnitude. This explosion in texas was an accident, and yes many people died, but it was an ACCIDENT. The boston marathon bombing... 1) ITS AT THE BOSTON MARATHON. one of the largest running marathon events in the world. 2) it was an ATTACK. Not an accident. So the people in boston will be afraid of further potential attacks. The people in Texas i guarantee arent sitting at home going... im so afraid that there might be another accident. Get a better grasp on understanding the context of the two seperate events before you make an ignorant comparison OP

ashleighp, starfish like this.
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:50 PM   #19
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

chris23, i love it when you defend me

Last edited by heygoodlookin : 04-18-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:52 PM   #20
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

1) ITS AT THE BOSTON MARATHON. one of the largest running marathon events in the world.

Totally make it more important than the rest of the world.

2) it was an ATTACK. Not an accident. So the people in boston will be afraid of further potential attacks. The people in Texas i guarantee arent sitting at home going... im so afraid that there might be another accident. Get a better grasp on understanding the context of the two seperate events before you make an ignorant comparison OP

That, or the media is a bunch of hippocrates.
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:52 PM   #21
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Over 60 people are reported dead.

I wonder why it's not all over the news, but I guess 60 dead blue colors are not as important.

umm its more like 5-15, as of 3pm today.......... no where near 60?
Old 04-18-2013 at 03:53 PM   #22
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
The OP obviously doesnt understand the circumstances of the two events if they think that they are of the same magnitude. This explosion in texas was an accident, and yes many people died, but it was an ACCIDENT. The boston marathon bombing... 1) ITS AT THE BOSTON MARATHON. one of the largest running marathon events in the world. 2) it was an ATTACK. Not an accident. So the people in boston will be afraid of further potential attacks. The people in Texas i guarantee arent sitting at home going... im so afraid that there might be another accident. Get a better grasp on understanding the context of the two seperate events before you make an ignorant comparison OP
why would people in boston be afraid of another attack? how many times have we seen consecutive bombings in developed parts of the world? why do you think the chances of another bomb going off in boston is higher than elsewhere?
Old 04-18-2013 at 04:00 PM   #23
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
why would people in boston be afraid of another attack? how many times have we seen consecutive bombings in developed parts of the world? why do you think the chances of another bomb going off in boston is higher than elsewhere?
what were the chances of a bomb going off at the boston marathon let alone 2? brain i tell ya
Old 04-18-2013 at 04:02 PM   #24
heygoodlookin
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
1) ITS AT THE BOSTON MARATHON. one of the largest running marathon events in the world.

Totally make it more important than the rest of the world.

2) it was an ATTACK. Not an accident. So the people in boston will be afraid of further potential attacks. The people in Texas i guarantee arent sitting at home going... im so afraid that there might be another accident. Get a better grasp on understanding the context of the two seperate events before you make an ignorant comparison OP

That, or the media is a bunch of hippocrates.
okay, if your not herb, your definately eddiemurphy. okay thats my last post. see you later macinsiders. thanks for all of the info and nudy pics
Old 04-18-2013 at 04:37 PM   #25
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
It's kind of like the whole "lightning doesn't strike the same place twice" mentality. Except then when it does, people panic.

Like 9/11...okay, so one plane hits one tower of the WTC. People are kind of like "wow that's awful" and not really knowing what happened, but in general are standing around watching, not expecting anything else to happen. Then suddenly a second plane comes and hits the second tower, and THEN the panic really sets in.

In Boston, there were two bombs. They happened much closer together than the WTC planes were when they hit, but still...bomb explodes, people are shocked, confused, barely started to regroup and suddenly it happens again. So if it happened again, who knows how many others might be out there, waiting to explode any second, just like the second explosion? If there was a second explosion, it's perfectly reasonable to believe there could be a third or fourth. By now, it's probably safe to say there isn't, but we don't know who is behind the attacks, and it isn't such a huge stretch to think that they might try something again, if not at the Boston marathon then at some other place with a huge crowd of people.

There is none of that fear/uncertainty with the Waco explosion. It's tragic, and it could happen at another fertilizer plant, but it was an accident that probably could have been prevented. In terms of the events themselves, I think the explosion would be much more terrifying to be stuck in the middle of, and it definitely has a higher death toll. But in terms of fear for what will happen in the future, that's the Boston marathon.
Old 04-18-2013 at 04:48 PM   #26
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
n Boston, there were two bombs. They happened much closer together than the WTC planes were when they hit, but still...bomb explodes, people are shocked, confused, barely started to regroup and suddenly it happens again. So if it happened again, who knows how many others might be out there, waiting to explode any second, just like the second explosion? If there was a second explosion, it's perfectly reasonable to believe there could be a third or fourth. By now, it's probably safe to say there isn't, but we don't know who is behind the attacks, and it isn't such a huge stretch to think that they might try something again, if not at the Boston marathon then at some other place with a huge crowd of people.
it happened again within a small time frame ie same day. and yes, obviously any place has a chance of attack, but the chance of boston being attacked again now is probably lower. the person i replied to made a bad comparison and makes it seem as though boston is still in danger and hence it gets more news. or something of that sort. his post didnt make much sense tbh