MacInsiders Logo

Want to know if I can afford it

Old 05-30-2011 at 12:13 PM   #16
t.oszust

Liked: 1 Time

My first year ended up costing me a little over 16,000 for books, tuition, residence, and meal plan. Thats all with being in engineering (usually higher tution that other faculties), and having a single room with my own washroom in res (one of the more expensive room types).

You can save a lot of money on food by buying whatever drinks you like at grocery stores as opposed to on campus. I probably saved a few hundred by doing that. E.g. Box of coke (12 cans) costs about $3-4 vs. $2-4 for a single drink on campus.
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:59 PM   #17
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Are there any stores that sells them in Hamilton ?
www.abebooks.com

Or, ask upper-year ECE students.

Old 05-30-2011 at 10:28 PM   #18
pereirjl

Liked: 0 Times

Great food On/Off Campus
A lot of people prefer Ginos, Hot n Ready for a quick meal for 2. If you go East on Main St, towards University Plaza, you will come across more healthier options such as a shwarama grill called Sana Grill and East Side Marios. Tally Hos seems to be everyone's favourite Late night snack place and Subway is opened all night long.

The Phoenix Fries at the Phoenix on campus is phenomenal and is around $6 and is worth it.
Old 05-30-2011 at 11:35 PM   #19
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

If money is tight consider living off campus. You get as much osap as you would living on campus if you are 40 km away from the school. You can easily get rent + utilities for 350 to 450 a month. 3600 for rent way better than 5000 (cant rember prices anymore) plus food is way cheaper.During the year ill be doing alot of weekly article on how to save money grocery shopping and eating out and more. Your are lucky you dont have a 10K tution like me.
Plus buy every possible book used including lab coats and iclicker and cost would come down considerably