MacInsiders Logo

We Are The Champions

Old 11-27-2011 at 12:29 AM   #16
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If the rules are anything like the NFL rules then I'm not surprised. Probably 95% of fans don't even know all the rules. As of 2011, the NFL rulebook is 113 pages and the CFL rulebook is like 90 pages. Most of the times special cases and exceptions don't normally occur in a game but when it does it's like WTF. I remember the first time I heard about the tuck rule in NFL...
I'm talking about fans that think every time there is contact on a receiver during a catch it's pass interference. I completely admit that I don't know all the rules but for heaven's sake I'm not screaming at the ref over someone being hit after they touch the ball, or during incidental contact while attempting to catch the ball.
Old 11-27-2011 at 01:52 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
I'm talking about fans that think every time there is contact on a receiver during a catch it's pass interference. I completely admit that I don't know all the rules but for heaven's sake I'm not screaming at the ref over someone being hit after they touch the ball, or during incidental contact while attempting to catch the ball.
True, but even passing interference is ridiculous. There are exceptions depending on if both players are playing the ball, or not playing the ball, or if one is playing the ball and the other isn't playing the ball.
Old 11-27-2011 at 10:41 AM   #18
toosh

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If the rules are anything like the NFL rules then I'm not surprised. Probably 95% of fans don't even know all the rules. As of 2011, the NFL rulebook is 113 pages and the CFL rulebook is like 90 pages. Most of the times special cases and exceptions don't normally occur in a game but when it does it's like WTF. I remember the first time I heard about the tuck rule in NFL...
guess what we don't care about?! the rules...we just wanna have fun! goddamit f**k!
Old 11-27-2011 at 10:51 AM   #19
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I think the ref did a really great job in that game. He was fair and all his calls were legitimate.
Old 11-27-2011 at 12:27 PM   #20
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I think the ref did a really great job in that game. He was fair and all his calls were legitimate.
I agree for the most part. I do remember a few questionable calls though, although that's normal even for a well reffed game.