MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Freshman MacFOOTBALL Introduce Yourself 8 08-13-2010 03:56 PM
Expenses of an International Freshman Afzal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 37 08-16-2009 09:18 AM
Residence Survival - Freshman Fifteen lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 19 05-14-2008 10:32 AM

Webinar On Freshman Life

Old 07-08-2009 at 02:43 PM   #15
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Hey do you have details Temara? How much of the glasses perscription fee will the health plan cover? I sort of damaged my only glasses I have from back home :S
I think I got $100 off my glasses and perhaps my eye exam was included? I'm not sure because it was about 2 years ago that I had this done but you can look here to see what's covered. I only paid about $100 for an eye exam and new pair of glasses in the end. Westdale Optical Boutique is a good place to go for new frames - lots to choose from.

Old 07-08-2009 at 02:45 PM   #16
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times
I wish I knew about those bursaries. seriously, go to your MUGSI and apply for a bursary. You might just unexpectedly get one in the middle of the year, and it could easily be around $1000.

Old 07-08-2009 at 02:46 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
I wish I knew about those bursaries. seriously, go to your MUGSI and apply for a bursary. You might just unexpectedly get one in the middle of the year, and it could easily be around $1000.
Very true, you can't apply for one yet though.

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:05 PM   #18
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
I know! I got 900 bucks last year, man that was sweet. I wish it didn't come so late in the year though.

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:38 PM   #19
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Bring rolls of change to do laundry. i.e. a roll of loonies ($25) and a few rolls of quarters ($10 each). It saves you a lot of issues later.
IIRC, They were supposed to upgrade the laundry machines in Res to take student cards this year

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:42 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
IIRC, They were supposed to upgrade the laundry machines in Res to take student cards this year
I heard that too but couldn't find anything about it on the McMaster website...

Old 07-08-2009 at 04:05 PM   #21
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

I was on the IRC budget council and a FEST (I think it was FEST at least) representative there mentioned it, I assume it's still going to happen

Old 07-08-2009 at 05:31 PM   #22
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
IRC, They were supposed to upgrade the laundry machines in Res to take student cards this year
Housing is responsible for this change although the IRC does support it. We were told that this change will occur. However, we are unsure as to when it will occur. We'll have to wait until September to see if the upgrade has been made.

Old 07-08-2009 at 08:06 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Housing is responsible for this change although the IRC does support it. We were told that this change will occur. However, we are unsure as to when it will occur. We'll have to wait until September to see if the upgrade has been made.
I think he meant "IIRC" as in "If I Recall Correctly". All these acronyms are so confusing, I had to look at one up.

Edit: Or maybe you were referring to his latest post...

Old 07-08-2009 at 08:25 PM   #24
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
I was referring to his latest post, haha

I don't like acronyms, there are far too many

Old 07-08-2009 at 08:32 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
I was referring to his latest post, haha

I don't like acronyms, there are far too many
Yeah, I can't keep up with all the acronyms. I always type in full except for "lol" and sometime "lmao". Sometimes it's hard to decipher what my friends say on MSN >.<

Old 07-09-2009 at 12:09 AM   #26
jmbauman
Union Market Manager
SRA Member

Liked: 32 Times
I wish I knew how awesome Westdale was! Seriously, I don't think I ventured off campus until second semester - awful!

Also, I wish I knew how amazing Bridges' Chili on flatbread was before the end of first year. Maybe I would have become a vegetarian.

I wish I knew that the bathrooms by Titles are always cleaner / emptier than those by Compass (in MUSC) or by Quarters.

Phoenix is not only for Graduates. Undergrads can go there too, and they have the best garlic bread. mmmmm

I also made my first visit to the Cafeteria in the Hospital for the first time this June. (hurray for Nurses!) Word is they make the best muffins and have the best coffee around (I'll disagree and say that UM has the best stuff, but still).

Old 07-09-2009 at 12:40 AM   #27
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times
I was one of the F.E.S.T chairs this year and I participated in all of the consultation with housing regarding Facilities.

The residence system IS getting all new laundry machines next year. It's a part of the capital renewal plan Housing is implementing over the summer.

These machines will take cards as opposed to coins.

Hurrah!

Nino, uberbandgeek all say thanks to .:callen:. for this post.

Old 07-09-2009 at 12:53 AM   #28
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by callender View Post
I was one of the F.E.S.T chairs this year and I participated in all of the consultation with housing regarding Facilities.

The residence system IS getting all new laundry machines next year. It's a part of the capital renewal plan Housing is implementing over the summer.

Hurrah!
Thank whatever personal savior you pray to or, in the case of atheists, thank random chance [/political correct]

I was going to say "Thank god" but I wanted to be as PC as possible. Anyway, I'm just happy to hear confirmation that it is happening this year.

Old 07-09-2009 at 01:49 AM   #29
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callender View Post

Hurrah!
UGH! I really want my rez assignment now. That sounds awesome.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search