Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gotta Catch Em All tigerize8 General Discussion 16 03-22-2011 12:26 AM

What's the best way to catch up?

Old 09-28-2011 at 09:29 PM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

What's the best way to catch up?
I'm behind on most things and I'm especially worried for chem and bio. The lectures don't seem to be doing anything for me, its just the prof reading off the slides, especially Stone for bio 1m03. I find myself leaning my head back on the seat in his bio class and then what do ya know, my eyes are closed. I have a bio test coming up real soon too.

This weekend is coming up and I'm planning to do the best I can to catch up with everything, especially bio cuz of the upcoming test. What's the best way I can catch up effectively and efficiently?
Old 09-28-2011 at 09:32 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Its hard to catch up efficently in one subject so quickly.. but I remember there being a website supplement to the bio1a03 textbook, so perhaps there is one for 1m03 thats just as good? I think I saw some ecology stuff on the site when i was doing 1a03...
Old 09-28-2011 at 11:12 PM   #3
Ardougne

Liked: 20 Times

Get up at 8am every day and go to the library until you catch up.

icecubz likes this.
Old 09-29-2011 at 06:36 AM   #4
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

gahh i suppose so...but i was hoping for something a lil specific, like a method
Old 09-29-2011 at 06:45 AM   #5
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardougne View Post
Get up at 8am every day and go to the library until you catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
gahh i suppose so...but i was hoping for something a lil specific, like a method
and read the notes that you copied from your classmate(s).

Method: READ.
Old 09-29-2011 at 08:56 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
I wish it were that simple.. All you can do is just sit down, focus, and get work done!
Old 09-29-2011 at 09:22 AM   #7
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
I'm behind on most things and I'm especially worried for chem and bio. The lectures don't seem to be doing anything for me, its just the prof reading off the slides, especially Stone for bio 1m03. I find myself leaning my head back on the seat in his bio class and then what do ya know, my eyes are closed. I have a bio test coming up real soon too.

This weekend is coming up and I'm planning to do the best I can to catch up with everything, especially bio cuz of the upcoming test. What's the best way I can catch up effectively and efficiently?
My first year chem class was the same way, and i showed up to every class for about 3/4 of the year. I found IF you have good study habits (if you dont, ignore the rest of this post), then i read the textbook and the slides by myself in the library without any distractions whenever the lecture would be and i found i learned more that way.

Last edited by Snowman : 09-29-2011 at 12:04 PM.

omgwtfitsp says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 09-29-2011 at 10:52 AM   #8
richardysm

Liked: 4 Times

Do twice as much work. There's really no shortcut... :S
Old 09-29-2011 at 05:10 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Lmao...there's no "method". You need to figure out what works for yourself. For many people, not falling asleep in class and not falling behind in the first place tend to help. If you do fall behind, you have to work harder and put extra time in to catch up, doing whatever you need to do to learn the material. There's no easy short cut.
Old 09-29-2011 at 05:43 PM   #10
cypher

Liked: 7 Times

don't fall behind

Old 09-29-2011 at 07:09 PM   #11
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

but bio with stone is crazy boring!!! Any tips for me to keep things interesting? Cuz literally his classes are just read off slides. I could just do that at home couldn't i
Old 09-29-2011 at 08:55 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
but bio with stone is crazy boring!!! Any tips for me to keep things interesting? Cuz literally his classes are just read off slides. I could just do that at home couldn't i
Then do it at home, if that works better for you. No one can make you interested in the material if you're not. Have a coffee in class if you have trouble staying awake. The class being boring isn't an excuse for falling behind.
Old 09-30-2011 at 04:39 PM   #13
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
I wouldn't waste your time trying to make it interesting. He gives you all the information and makes easy test questions that come straight from the power points.

You just have to face the facts that the class requires you to memorize a whole bunch of information and then regurgitate it on the test.

omgwtfitsp likes this.
Old 09-30-2011 at 05:11 PM   #14
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
I skipped most of his classes last year because they were exactly as you said, pretty useless. If you feel that you would be more productive at home rather than in class and if the prof of said class just reads off slides, then skip.