MacInsiders Logo

Whats GEOG 2RW3 (WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY) like?

Old 06-16-2014 at 10:19 AM   #1
juliacovelli

Liked: 0 Times

Whats GEOG 2RW3 (WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY) like?
Hi there,
Does anyone know what GEOG 2RW3 WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY is like?
It looks interesting but I want some other opinions

Thanks in advance
Old 06-16-2014 at 10:41 AM   #2
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

This is one of the best courses I've ever taken. The assignments will likely be a bit different this year because last year was the first time it's been offered. The course was set up with 1-2 lectures and a discussion class each week. Dr. Mercier uses a good amount of multimedia to keep it interesting. It's definitely an issues based rather than theory based course.
Old 06-22-2014 at 02:58 PM   #3
R.M.D

Was Dr. Mercier's testing difficult? I was also interested in this course and was wondering about the style of his tests. Thanks
Old 06-24-2014 at 06:36 PM   #4
kevin2016

The course was pretty easy going. The tests were not that bad as long as you studied you could get an 80 or so at least on them. If you don't study though probably a 67 or so on the tests. He took the best 2 of the 3 tests (which were worth 10% each) and doubled your second best one (so i.e made it worth 20%). The assignment involved using The Economist and doing research about an issue. Pretty much you had to do that. As far as content, it was pretty much what another person said on here. it was basically a world issues based kind of course. So learn about the regional issues of each of the 10 regions discussed in the course. Thus year though, not sure what he has planned, Dr. Mercier because that was the first time that the course was offered I believe as someone else said here too.