Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pnb (b.a) JamaSa Academics 0 05-01-2013 07:48 AM

Workaround for Biology And PNB?

Old 06-25-2015 at 03:34 PM   #1
adang

Liked: 0 Times

Workaround for Biology And PNB?
In the fall I will be in Social Sciences I. However, I plan to apply to Honours Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour (B.Sc.). I am able to meet all course requirements except for Biology 1A03, as I did not take grade 11 or 12 biology.

Are there any possible workarounds for this?
Old 06-25-2015 at 03:39 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You also don't meet the requirement of being in a level 1 program in the faculty of science or in any program above level 1.
You will have to take bio 1P03 this year to replace grade 11/12 biology, and then get a waiver to take bio 1A03 in the summer after first year. The department doesn't grant waivers to non-science level 1 students during the regular school year.

adang says thanks to starfish for this post.

adang likes this.
Old 06-25-2015 at 03:47 PM   #3
adang

I am taking Bio 1P03 as it's required for both Bio 1A03 and 1M03.

Thank you for the response. Since I would be taking Bio 1A03 after April, would I still be able to apply to PNB for second year? Also, would I still be taking 10 courses during the regular year?
Old 06-26-2015 at 06:13 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adang View Post
I am taking Bio 1P03 as it's required for both Bio 1A03 and 1M03.

Thank you for the response. Since I would be taking Bio 1A03 after April, would I still be able to apply to PNB for second year? Also, would I still be taking 10 courses during the regular year?
You would get a conditional acceptance to PNB, which would be conditional on you passing 1A03.
Whether or not you take 30 units during the regular year is up to you.

adang says thanks to starfish for this post.

adang likes this.
Old 06-26-2015 at 12:44 PM   #5
adang

Thanks a lot!