MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World of Warcraft Mahes Gaming 7 12-13-2011 08:12 PM
Hello World! keeh Introduce Yourself 0 09-21-2011 02:01 PM
The World is Cruel Scuderia Body & Food 2 05-01-2011 05:42 PM
ICC Cricket World Cup mcmastergcdb Gaming 156 04-06-2011 08:40 PM
Have you been to 3rd World Countries? aviaf General Discussion 18 07-10-2010 06:52 PM

World War III?

Old 03-30-2013 at 06:35 PM   #16
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
way to go... next time we should send a better negotiator than denis rodman.
don't be hatin' on the Rod, he'll kill you, foo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Not gonna happen, if NK does decide to do something, it'll be against SK, not the rest of the world. And if their attack against SK involved nuclear weapons, the NK governance and millitary would be wiped from the face of the earth. I think the saddest part of all this is will be the millions of starving north korean refugees, which country is going to pay billions to help a [potentially] brainwashed class of people? I dont think many countries have a few billion to spare on humanitarian efforts.
we'll just ask Bill Gates/Warren Buffet to donate some of their money to this before they die...then the rest (when they die) to other humanitarian places, like they wanted in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I dont know if this is playing devils advocate or not, and I totally agree that NK is screwed up, but.... I also have to agree with what Russia said yesterday in response to the increase in tensions and that was for both sides, NK and the USA, to take a chill pill and cool it.

Most people know that NK is just a big bully that doesn't have the power or resources to start, let alone win, a conflict with anyone. They do not have any allies to turn to, and the instant they start a war their economy and people will be doomed. The way I see it, they are a helpless rodent cornered by a gang of pesticide and cleaver wielding giants. Because of this they are becoming more and more desperate, they feel their future in jeopardy and they need to act in order to protect it, however messed up it may be. And so now they have stood up on their hind legs, their hair is on end, and they are hissing at the world, trying to make themselves look bigger and like a viable threat.

Unfortunately, The USA and SK just don't want to have any of it. It seems they rather have a war and chop its (NK) head off and just end all this back and forth. And so they (USA/SK) have also upped their game, flying nuclear capable bombers in SK air space, holding military exercises near NK, etc. etc.. They (USA/SK) are responsible for escalating this war (so is NK, but i don't see many people putting the blame on the 2 other parties involved).

So now were are left in a state of high tension, where both sides are afraid that the other might attack. both sides are trying to provoke the other. and the rest of the world is telling them to cool down but neither wants to listen, both want this war.

IMO
I agree that they're just a big bully but don't forget, China is technically their ally and I think they're doing all this because they assume the Chinese have their back (since they have pretty much...zero chance of winning by themselves).

Old 03-30-2013 at 06:40 PM   #17
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post
I agree that they're just a big bully but don't forget, China is technically their ally and I think they're doing all this because they assume the Chinese have their back (since they have pretty much...zero chance of winning by themselves).

Yes, But I highly doubt China would actually back them up, and recently they have been backing away from their support of NK.
Old 03-30-2013 at 06:45 PM   #18
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
America should drop some nuclear bombs in North Korea, KILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS
I'm sorry but how does that contribute to the discussion?

I'm not sure if you are just trolling or being serious, but its ignorant/arrogant statements like these that really tick me off. the worlds problems cannot be solved simply by annihilating an entire nation. USA can also bomb the F out of which ever country they want but the resentment of the old regime will stay and will only make things worse for the people currently living there.

Further more, NK isnt bad, it is the NK government that has twisted and imprisoned its own people that is bad.

It's sort of like how many people don't like the USA. but its not that they don't like the country, its more so that they don't like its arrogance, politics, and some of its hard-line ideologies and people.
but yes NK is much worse than the USA. and its government is one of the most corrupt and evil f-ed up ones out there.

Andrew A, ashleighp, starfish like this.
Old 03-30-2013 at 10:53 PM   #19
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I'm sorry but how does that contribute to the discussion?

I'm not sure if you are just trolling or being serious, but its ignorant/arrogant statements like these that really tick me off. the worlds problems cannot be solved simply by annihilating an entire nation. USA can also bomb the F out of which ever country they want but the resentment of the old regime will stay and will only make things worse for the people currently living there.

Further more, NK isnt bad, it is the NK government that has twisted and imprisoned its own people that is bad.

It's sort of like how many people don't like the USA. but its not that they don't like the country, its more so that they don't like its arrogance, politics, and some of its hard-line ideologies and people.
but yes NK is much worse than the USA. and its government is one of the most corrupt and evil f-ed up ones out there.
north korea is the problem. if north korea was wiped off the map tmrw, the world's problem is solved. it basic algebra. you should thank people like chevalier and myself. if it weren't for people with our ideals, canada wouldn't be a free country and you wouldn't have the luxury of sitting on your computer, going to university, and your biggest decision of the day wouldn't be deciding to get the vanilla chai or pumpkin spice latte from starbucks
Old 03-30-2013 at 11:28 PM   #20
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemurphy View Post
north korea is the problem. if north korea was wiped off the map tmrw, the world's problem is solved. it basic algebra. you should thank people like chevalier and myself. if it weren't for people with our ideals, canada wouldn't be a free country and you wouldn't have the luxury of sitting on your computer, going to university, and your biggest decision of the day wouldn't be deciding to get the vanilla chai or pumpkin spice latte from starbucks
And the civilian population in NK? Do they deserve to get wiped off the map as well? They have been lied to and abused for generations.

By the logic proposed by yourself and Jesse.C we should nuke our entire country. There's probably a bad guy or two in all of Canada, right? Surely it's for the greater good to take them out, the 30 million casualties will just be an unfortunate side effect.

All of this is really moot, if the US, China or Russia wanted KJU out of power, they'd send a drone or missile strike to precisely hit his bedroom. There's no need to destroy the entire country. If this whole situation was a real concern, he would be dead already, but it isn't. NK is going to flex their ancient WWII era nukes then negotiate for food and brag how thanks to their diplomacy they ended a potential nuclear war. They have done this in the past and this is no different.
Old 03-31-2013 at 05:30 AM   #21
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

It's a constant power struggle and a conflict of ideology. wiping north korea off the earth won't solve any of our problems, because there will eventually be another country that rises up to take their place. There will always be another country that's run by a different set of ideologies than what you believe. By no means am i supporting the things that are done in north korea, but i'm just stating a simple fact that not every person believes in the same thing. if you really want to wipe north korea off the earth, then the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in ww2 is your perfect example of what would happen. the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki resulted in civilians dying, and affects of the radiation are still evident today. if we learned anything from history, then we should have realized that civilians are innocent victims in this power struggle and battle of ideologies.
Old 03-31-2013 at 09:40 AM   #22
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Its basic algebra... yeah dont forget your helmet before you get on the short bus genius, because you really dont have a clue what algebra even is if youre making this statement.

Amaryll, Andrew A like this.
Old 03-31-2013 at 11:06 AM   #23
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Nah, I feel like the US always blows things out of proportion.
Old 03-31-2013 at 11:08 AM   #24
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
And the civilian population in NK? Do they deserve to get wiped off the map as well? They have been lied to and abused for generations.

By the logic proposed by yourself and Jesse.C we should nuke our entire country. There's probably a bad guy or two in all of Canada, right? Surely it's for the greater good to take them out, the 30 million casualties will just be an unfortunate side effect.

All of this is really moot, if the US, China or Russia wanted KJU out of power, they'd send a drone or missile strike to precisely hit his bedroom. There's no need to destroy the entire country. If this whole situation was a real concern, he would be dead already, but it isn't. NK is going to flex their ancient WWII era nukes then negotiate for food and brag how thanks to their diplomacy they ended a potential nuclear war. They have done this in the past and this is no different.
the world doesnt work based on who deserves what. life in bondage is worse than death. you speak like a communist
Old 03-31-2013 at 11:11 AM   #25
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Its basic algebra... yeah dont forget your helmet before you get on the short bus genius, because you really dont have a clue what algebra even is if youre making this statement.
funny thing is im a month away from graduating in honours math and statistics. wanna see who the genius is? lets post our transcripts.you cant touch me. you always attack my comments but thats okay. i understand your lacking testosterone.

ps. hows the internet friend finding coming along?
Old 03-31-2013 at 01:04 PM   #26
Retro

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
funny thing is im a month away from graduating in honours math and statistics. wanna see who the genius is? lets post our transcripts.you cant touch me. you always attack my comments but thats okay. i understand your lacking testosterone.

ps. hows the internet friend finding coming along?
Seems a bit shady that a genius doesn't know how to multi quote

Amaryll, Andrew A, Chris23 like this.
Old 03-31-2013 at 01:05 PM   #27
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Just to clarify, But I do not have such hard line ideals as those, far from it in fact. Please look over and edit your comment next time.
Old 03-31-2013 at 01:25 PM   #28
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

North Korea (AKA best Korea) will worker rush its way to victory.
For dear respected glorious leader Kim Jong Un will bring great triumph over capitalist pig-dog west!

adaptation, RyanC like this.
Old 03-31-2013 at 03:17 PM   #29
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
the world doesnt work based on who deserves what. life in bondage is worse than death. you speak like a communist
No, it doesn't. But that doesn't stop people from trying and that's why your post is BS. Why are you (or any of us) even in university, then? Why do we want jobs to "earn" money that we "deserve" to spend? Why don't we all just go out and pilfer and steal and rape because who cares if we "deserve" the luxuries of money and material possessions and sex?

Besides, I don't really see how not wanting to kill tens of millions of people to get a handful of government bureaucrats is being "communist". Let's wipe all all of the middle east to end terrorism too while we're at it. Hey, it's still "peace" in the middle east if no one's fighting because everyone's dead, right?
Old 03-31-2013 at 03:38 PM   #30
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
No, it doesn't. But that doesn't stop people from trying and that's why your post is BS. Why are you (or any of us) even in university, then? Why do we want jobs to "earn" money that we "deserve" to spend? Why don't we all just go out and pilfer and steal and rape because who cares if we "deserve" the luxuries of money and material possessions and sex?

Besides, I don't really see how not wanting to kill tens of millions of people to get a handful of government bureaucrats is being "communist". Let's wipe all all of the middle east to end terrorism too while we're at it. Hey, it's still "peace" in the middle east if no one's fighting because everyone's dead, right?
I realize this isn't the point of your post, but not all terrorists are from the middle east.

Similarly though, not all communists or people who hate the USA are in North Korea