MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-28-2014 at 02:10 PM   #1
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

What would you do?
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get your opinions about job interviews and offers.

Last summer, I worked with a company and it was great. Paid really well and great environment. The tasks were difficult at the time but I was able to pick it up. The company is a mining company but I worked in the service desk area.

I want to work with them again because of the pay and the co workers but I don't want to be doing the same duties again. I have told them that I would like to expand my duties and do different task. I have been applying to other places and started receiving interviews.

What would you all do in this situation?
Old 01-28-2014 at 02:15 PM   #2
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

i would do what you have already done
you are looking to expand your skill set and want to experience variety which is a reasonable expectation.
all the best
Old 01-28-2014 at 02:20 PM   #3
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_kumar View Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get your opinions about job interviews and offers.

Last summer, I worked with a company and it was great. Paid really well and great environment. The tasks were difficult at the time but I was able to pick it up. The company is a mining company but I worked in the service desk area.

I want to work with them again because of the pay and the co workers but I don't want to be doing the same duties again. I have told them that I would like to expand my duties and do different task. I have been applying to other places and started receiving interviews.

What would you all do in this situation?
You should stop sugar coating your job title and just call it being a secretary

mc_kumar says thanks to BenDover for this post.
Old 01-28-2014 at 02:47 PM   #4
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
what does that have anything to do with the actual post?
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-28-2014 at 02:59 PM   #5
mc_kumar

Quote:
LOL hilarious
Old 01-28-2014 at 03:00 PM   #6
mc_kumar

Quote:
Well the OP already provided that they addressed the situation by making a point of their intentions to the company and also applying for other interviews, so what the fuck do they need advice for when they have already successfully handled the situation?
You dont need someone to tell you to either accept or deny a job offer from another company if you receive one, as that comes down to your personal choice in what you want to do.
So based on that fact that they were asking a question that they had already answered themselves, I saw no need to address the question with my post. If there was an area where USEFUL advice could have been given to them, then i would have made the effort to help. Either way that comment was going to be made in my post, as their description of your job title was the equivalent of a garbage man calling himself a sanitation engineer, or a gas station employee referring to themselves as petroleum distribution technician.
To sum this up, dont ask a question that you clearly already know the answer to. No responses given here are going to change what the OP wants from a job, so they already hold the key to their decisions.
Damn dude, can someone delete this post then lol.
Old 01-28-2014 at 03:23 PM   #7
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_kumar View Post
Damn dude, can someone delete this post then lol.
Sure it can be deleted along with the rest of this pointless thread
Old 01-29-2014 at 07:21 AM   #8
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmatricson View Post
Hai, I am one of the new member.
Well hold on a minute while we roll out the welcome wagon and parade for you... wtf do we care? If you want to introduce yourself go post in the introduction thread, rather than spamming multiple threads with the same message.

Watoko likes this.
Old 01-29-2014 at 08:22 AM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You seem very angry at at something Ben. Instead of inflicting this wrath on MacInsiders, you can private message me and tell me your woes if you'd like.

If you're just an asshole, carry on good sir.

As for the thread, I'm not sure what you're expecting us to say, it seems you have it figured out. If you want to do more interesting stuff, say what you've said here and express your desires of more responsibility in the interviews!

shreebee likes this.
Old 01-29-2014 at 10:22 AM   #10
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You seem very angry at at something Ben. Instead of inflicting this wrath on MacInsiders, you can private message me and tell me your woes if you'd like.

If you're just an asshole, carry on good sir.

As for the thread, I'm not sure what you're expecting us to say, it seems you have it figured out. If you want to do more interesting stuff, say what you've said here and express your desires of more responsibility in the interviews!
Firstly, glad you agree with my views as to this thread. Second, I dont get why that troll is going into 5 or 6 different threads and posting the same stupid hello message. It is spam. Finally, no i am just fine without your "counselling", I just react in a manner that I find suitable to the posts I respond to. If someone makes a stupid post, yeah im going to react to it in a not so happy manner. I am plenty happy with my life though and deeply appreciate your growing concern for me

RyanC likes this.