MacInsiders Logo

Who would you rather...

Old 06-14-2010 at 01:21 PM   #16
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post

She's my professor, not my mother. I couldn't care less whether she hates me, which I think she did, because my friend and I sat in her class proving her wrong the whole time and questioning her when she said something that may be construed as incorrect.
I think that may just be why she may have hated you. Smarmy first-year students trying to correct a woman who is smarter than they ever will be. Pointing out something now and then, yeah, that's fine--especially if it's a legitimate error-- but hunting for something and trying to troll? That's just terrible. I honestly hate those people in my lectures.

I also agree on not wanting to be babied. People almost expect it when they come to university due to the way high schools are, and it's a sharp slap in the face when profs don't hand things out to you like you're used to. Textbook is the safest bet for every class. In my experiences, the profs are almost always just ripping straight out of it.

In short, go with what everybody else says in terms of the profs. I haven't had any of them (and never will) so I can't do anything but comment on generalities.

Old 06-14-2010 at 01:27 PM   #17
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Lol, not my fault she's so vague and doesn't know how to answer questions.

You call it trolling, I call it critical thinking. Sorry if I don't believe what someone says if it doesn't seem correct to me. I don't care if she's 'smarter than I'll ever be', I'm not going to believe everything she says when some of it is completely fabricated and simplified to the point where its more untrue than fact.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I didn't actually raise my hand all those times and tell her, lol. That would be too disruptive for the class. I just mean I tried to notice whenever she said something incorrect, and I would only ASK about it if it was something I wouldn't be able to find out on my own. That might make it a bit better for you, lol - because yeah, I could see how my wording before would seem like I'm always trying to prove her wrong and stuff, and bother the class by making unnecessary points, which I (usually) tried not to do.

Last edited by Alchemist11 : 06-14-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2010 at 01:56 PM   #18
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

definitely kujiura and boreham and KOalasa! Wilson is hard, I had boreham last year and he was so easy! I messed up the first midterm though cuz i didn't know what he was going to test but apparently , you have to know the random stuff from his lectures. His final was super easy, he gave us like 10 slides for review and 90% of them are on it. I aced his part for sure
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:04 PM   #19
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I'd go with Kajiura and Boreham for sure. Although I agree with the above comments that some of Boreham's questions were about really tedious details, I loved the class. He was a great lecturer and the guest speakers he had were VERY interesting. For his part, I would suggest recording his lectures, I wish I did because there were a lot of details, so recording them would definitely help you stay on track and review them whenever you can. Everyone else pretty much covered Kajiura's teaching. She's not too difficult, really approachable! Also, I've heard good thjings about Kolasa, never had him though.