MacInsiders Logo

wow @ this

Old 11-17-2010 at 11:56 AM   #31
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Read the entire article and all I can say is wow. I know stuff like this goes on but to hear it from the writer's perspective is something new. Great read thanks for the link!

Academic Mercenary lol...
Old 11-17-2010 at 12:03 PM   #32
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
How is that even possible... don't they look at student cards?
Some TAs/Invigilators are rather laissez-faire with checking IDs (I actually had a TA refuse my ID when I gave it to him before), also some people look alike enough (especially to people of different races) that they can just give a friend their ID and have that person write for them
Old 11-17-2010 at 03:39 PM   #33
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
thanx for shering wall of tex wit us. very enformative
I have a feeling Desda is the one who was mentioned in the article,

"thanx so much for uhelp ican going to graduate to now"
Old 11-17-2010 at 07:15 PM   #34
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
The harder it is in practice, the easier it will be later on.

If they can't do shit right now and graduate, they'll be useless to employers and after a few years will end up nowhere with not a single good reference.

Plus what's the point of a degree if you're not doing the work / enjoying it?
Paper writing has little use in my field, but yet we still do them occasionally. I doubt having someone write a paper for me would hinder my ability with a computer program to employers.
Old 11-18-2010 at 09:28 PM   #35
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Good read, but I'm a little suspicious of his claims, such as:

Quote:
The 75-page paper on business ethics ultimately expanded into a 160-page graduate thesis, every word of which was written by me. I can't remember the name of my client, but it's her name on my work. We collaborated for months. As with so many other topics I tackle, the connection between unethical business practices and trade liberalization became a subtext to my everyday life.
Seems like just about anyone could have made that statement.

However, if this person is both A) real and B) actually telling the truth, well........I've lost all hope. Oh, and my sanity.

Humanity is, to use medical terminology, T.F. BUNDY.
Old 11-19-2010 at 12:07 PM   #36
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

this is beng referenced in orgo right nao... lol
Old 11-22-2010 at 04:03 AM   #37
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

That's a coincidence, I keep seeing those "custom essay" flyers and I couldn't figure out how anyone could afford it. Considering how much time goes into a research essay, and if they charge per hour.

It was also giving me ideas as I am desperate for extra work, and I'm quite good at writing essays. $2000 an essay eh . . .

Oh but no, no, horrible business I do say, cheating, very dishonest and all, what what.
Old 11-22-2010 at 02:06 PM   #38
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Paper writing has little use in my field, but yet we still do them occasionally. I doubt having someone write a paper for me would hinder my ability with a computer program to employers.
In other words, those looking for some form of justice in the long term for these types of students, rest assured that it will not come. As per usual, the honest and ethical amongst us are the losers in this game we call life.