MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creative Writing Club? Faer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-06-2010 02:48 PM
Resume Writing 1A03 ferreinm Jobs & Employment Tips 2 07-23-2010 03:40 PM
Free Writing Workshop Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-08-2008 07:00 PM

Writing a book on Web Design

Old 05-13-2010 at 07:25 PM   #16
fetyanh

Liked: 0 Times

I also believe that the market is saturated and sources on the web are unlimited, but don't let that discourage u. I suggest that u write the book and make it available free with the option of donation for who wants to donate at least at the begining, and if u see a great demand on it, publish it officially.
Whether the book succeeds or not, it'll be an excellent experience for u and u can add it with proud to ur resume.
I was thinking of a similar idea but family issue came up once I finished my exams and it seems it'll keep me busy for the rest of summer.
So big Good Luck to you.
Old 05-13-2010 at 08:35 PM   #17
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

One thing that i hate about every book written is lack of instructions.
I have learnt a lot of HTML and CSS from my sister and the web. The things a lot of books lack is detail.

One example not related to web designing

"Open the pallet..."

they do not specify how to get there, what to click. Like you are suppose to know.
I have noticed this in a lot of books across many beginner books.

Just my 2 cents . I would definitely support you though and go ahead and buy it. Maybe learn a thing or 2 from it (=

Goodluck
Old 05-17-2010 at 02:01 PM   #18
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Honestly, I wouldnt buy it. But, its a great idea and will surely help people.

I found when I made websites google was the best resource. If you want to get complicated, you will need to know alot more coding to make your website totally unique. Otherwise, for the most part, you can make a very simple one using many programs out there.
Old 05-17-2010 at 02:13 PM   #19
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I'm not sure that $10 is that cheap for an ebook, the standard price for New York Times bestsellers is $9.99 on the Kindle, and most other books are cheaper. I might still consider buying it just to support your goal though, publishing a book is also a goal of mine.

I agree that HTML5 would probably be better. It isn't finalized quite yet, but the beauty of an ebook is that you have the option of changing it quickly and offering an updated version to people who have already paid.