Old 07-10-2008 at 10:42 PM   #16
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
I was born in Toronto @ Toronto General Hospital
Hey, me too. =)

I'll just tell you the whole story, in short form. I'm going to be 19 on August 1st and I was born and raised in Toronto, and still live in Toronto to this day. I excelled in elementary school, but once I got to highschool I didn't do so hot. I was smart, and I knew that, but I never tried until my 5th year of highschool where I managed to pull off an 85 average. I don't know any other languages other than English. I was in French immersion for a while until mid-highschool, but now I'll be taking it at McMaster, where I'll be in the SocSci crew.

Both my parents are Jamaican, and were born and raised there. My mother is also of Cuban and East Indian descent, whereas my father has Jewish in his background. My whole life, I've been mistaken for all kinds of ethnicities because I don't necessarily look typical. My mother, even though she has been in Canada for almost 30 years now, was always the one to try to push the quintessential Jamaican foods on me. I like some, and I hate some. I love curry, which is originally Indian anyway... and I love snacks like bun & cheese, and various Jamaican fruits.

However, I'm a pure Canadian girl and a lover of my country. I do the mac & cheese thing. I love Italian food, as well as what I'd call "North American" food... the stuff that everyone eats but you can't really put a nationality on it. ;P

I love hanging out with my friends, watching movies, playing games, going shopping, and going to a really good restaurant.
Old 07-11-2008 at 11:23 AM   #17
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Born and raised in Canada. Have Irish and British roots.

I'm not a big fan of sea food, but I love meat (steak = yummy) .. sorry to all the vegetarians out there!

While not occupied with MacInsiders and my full-time job, I try and find time to hang out and party with friends and my housemates, watch movies (I have a projector at home so we set it up like a theater, heh), chill at the house, listen to music. But to be honest, after coming home from work I feel like just sleeping
Old 07-13-2008 at 12:51 PM   #18
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

Born in B.C vancouver lived in tonronto for a few years moved to brampton, iam viet/chinese i enjoy all cultures xD i prefer to live in a multicultral place such as brampton, ummmmmm and yeah i love food ? LOL
Old 07-13-2008 at 03:47 PM   #19
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesSea View Post
Born in B.C vancouver lived in tonronto for a few years moved to brampton, iam viet/chinese i enjoy all cultures xD i prefer to live in a multicultral place such as brampton, ummmmmm and yeah i love food ? LOL

Out of all the places you have lived, which do you like most? The trend is that people leave the East to go West, you have done the opposite. I went to Vancouver this summer actually, it was okay. I have neve seen so many homeless people though. Victoria is much more beautiful in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2008 at 04:51 PM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I was born in Etobicoke, and lived in Brampton until I was five. Then I moved to Caledon where I lived until I started at Mac (and two out of the four summers since).

I'm a European mutt. But because of the (Sicilian) Italian in me I've been asked if I'm from a whole wack of other ethnicities, including Mexican, Persian, Egyptian, Native and Portuguese.

As for fun...I'm working full time right now, and will be until about half-way through Welcome Week. For the first half of first term, I'll be working 16 hours a week at two jobs, and then for the remainder of the year 10 hours a week at one job. So other than work, MacInsiders and school I don't do a whole heck of a lot, I guess? I just kind of hang around and act like an idiot a lot of the time.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-14-2008 at 04:54 PM   #21
WavesSea

i liked B.C better it was nicer there Lol i onyl moved here sincee my cousins lived here and my cousin told my mom about the chsyler plant that was opening up so yeah we moved ^_^ its a little dull here there isn't not much to do lol
Old 07-14-2008 at 05:42 PM   #22
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I just kind of hang around and act like an idiot a lot of the time.
Which is very entertaining.

Old 07-15-2008 at 01:27 AM   #23
Goce
Elite Member

Yeah I know, Hamilton isn't exactly the ideal place. It could be much better, I don't know of any other city in a developed nation that lets a beautiful location go to waste. The waterfront needs to be developed and resemble Vancouver's. From Robson street to both bridges is awsome.
Old 07-15-2008 at 08:16 AM   #24
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

This city isn't as financially stable as places like Vancouver which get a lot of revenue from tourism. It was founded as a factory city and they don't have the funds to change that, do you know how much it would cost to relocate all those factories on the waterfront and clean it up?

Old 07-15-2008 at 11:25 AM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Which is very entertaining.
shut up you.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-15-2008 at 11:59 AM   #26
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
shut up you.
but you make it so easy to tease you, esp when you're walking around the house meowing at the cats.

Old 07-15-2008 at 12:04 PM   #27
WavesSea

LOL you guys are funny ^_^LOL but yeah i heard hamiliton is alright and dont drink the water? LOL from what i heard ?
Old 07-15-2008 at 12:10 PM   #28
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah the water is smelly sometimes but thats just because there is a harmless bacteria that is in the sewers, thats not in your drinking water. The only thing you have to worry about is old houses having lead pipes.

Last edited by lorend : 07-15-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2008 at 12:39 PM   #29
Goce
Elite Member

I know, it would be very costly but you cannot put a price on quality. Sometimes you do need to spend money before you can make money, this is clearly the case with university. The water and the waves of smell that are in the city are pretty bad. This is why I now wake up early in the morning, as opposed to 1-2 p.m. It's very pleasant waking up and going for a jog.
Old 07-15-2008 at 12:46 PM   #30
WavesSea

hmmm does anyone know how to do a lead test on water and various water test ? please tell me we learn that in chem XDD