MacInsiders Logo

Where are you from?

Old 07-15-2008 at 12:46 PM   #31
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Goce you're talking about taking tax payers money out of things they need like repairing roads and buildings that are old to make the city prettier. To most people who live in hamilton, which you will notice, aren't exactly rich, things like a nice waterfront don't matter as much as a bridge that's being repaired. The city simply does not have the funds to put into such a trivial thing.

As for the university, it has NO control over what the City of Hamilton does or does not do. They have limited control over Cootes paradise and that's it, what the city does to the waterfront is not a concern of the university.

And the waterfront in Toronto smells bad too and Toronto has spent loads on the waterfront. They can't clean up the entire lake just by making the waterfront look prettier, it's a bigger problem than that.

Old 07-15-2008 at 12:47 PM   #32
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesSea View Post
hmmm does anyone know how to do a lead test on water and various water test ? please tell me we learn that in chem XDD
I don't know if you do that in Chem Waves but if you're concerned about it in your student house you can call up the City of Hamilton and they will either send you a package to test the water with or will send someone out to test it for you.

Old 07-15-2008 at 12:53 PM   #33
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

what if they get paid to shut up? like in those movies like erin brokvish ? LOL lol iam a do it your self type of guy. ill lookinto it but yeah how would you fix a lead pipe problem wouldn't cost more moneY?
Old 07-15-2008 at 01:06 PM   #34
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Well the city will make your landlord fix it because it's a health and saftey issue. All the water pipes in your house would have to be replaced if they're all lead.

Old 07-15-2008 at 03:16 PM   #35
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Never thought about the lead thing... Edwards is a pretty old building... Lol

By the way my parents are from Mauritius, I'm born in Canada and my ancestors were Chinese.
Old 07-15-2008 at 03:43 PM   #36
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Oh don't worry about Edwards' water. The school keeps up to date with that sort of thing or else they'd have a buttload of lawsuits and fines on their hands.

Old 07-15-2008 at 03:45 PM   #37
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Lmao, that is true. I also never thought of that Lol. I hope my thinking improves over the next 2 months Lmao
Old 07-15-2008 at 04:01 PM   #38
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Haha don't feel bad. University will make you think in ways you never did. Honestly, when you're having a debate with a friend or something you'll suddenly realize that you think differently (well hopefully because you become accustomed to rationalize all your arguments before opening up your mouth.

Besides, it's summer. You're allowed to let your brain rot on bad TV shows, mindless discussions and general entertainment!

Old 07-15-2008 at 04:06 PM   #39
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah, I suppose so. Summer is always boring, for me anyways. I'm so excited for university though. Ahhhhh, can't wait!!!!
Old 07-15-2008 at 05:33 PM   #40
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

I'm glad you're excited. I get excited at the beginning of the year every year too. And I'm even happy to be in my 8:30 classes for the first week or so too... and then I start the student sleeping pattern which means I glare at my professor at 8:30 when he makes a joke. How dare people joke at an ungodly hour!

Old 07-15-2008 at 06:28 PM   #41
WavesSea

how about makeing your summers more interesting going to festivasls in toronto! , think the danforth festival food festival and the jazz festivals are the best i hope i can make them all this year!! anyone been ?
Old 07-15-2008 at 06:45 PM   #42
Jackie_L

YES!!! I love the Taste of Danforth! For all you Greek food lovers... it's definitely a must for this summer. Even if Greek food's not your thing, there are live performances along the street and it's just a great place to go beat the summer blues

As for a schbeal about my background...I'm of Chinese descent. People think I look like Kristen Kreuk from Smallville (amazing show btw)! I was born in Hong Kong and moved to Vaughn when I was 5 and later moved to Unionville a year later where I've been ever since. If you ever get the chance, drop by the jazz festivals on Unionville Main St. It's not one of those full scale festivals in the downtown area, but nonetheless they have some preeety good musicians!

Food...I love a bit of everything...Italian, Greek, Japanese, Korean..yum. Not so much Chinese though, kinda ironic, I know. Oh and WHIPPED CREAM!!! ahah I just have a thing for them. Okk that's my story. It's been great learning about all of you!
Old 07-15-2008 at 06:57 PM   #43
WavesSea

WOW Kristen Kreuk that must be quite the compliment damn xD =P cool
Old 07-15-2008 at 07:40 PM   #44
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

I would Waves but I grew up in Toronto so those lost their appeal to me a while ago, plus I work a full time job so unfortunately I spend most of my weekends doing laundry and cleaning house and SLEEPING! Sounds thrilling I know!

Old 07-15-2008 at 07:41 PM   #45
WavesSea

yeah so it is true a you get older things lose thier appeal like b4 i used to have so much fun at family christmas dinners now its really booring =( xD oh well life, so your telling me on weekends iam gonna do luandry ? xD