MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction to Ron Price(1966: Sociology) RonPrice Introduce Yourself 2 06-12-2010 06:50 PM
Does Titles price match? Allan General Discussion 5 09-21-2009 09:48 PM
the original price of.... ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-24-2008 12:19 AM
The Student Price Card Chad Misc 1 10-09-2007 05:13 PM

Are you buying an iPhone 4? (Price Released)

Old 07-27-2010 at 07:22 PM   #16
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

How can people afford that?? Jesus.
Old 07-27-2010 at 08:32 PM   #17
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

doesnt work on IV band (AWS). Cant use it on WIND network, so im out for that...but i dont see what the hype is about anyways and wouldnt buy one even if it did support aws.
Old 07-27-2010 at 08:51 PM   #18
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:

How can people afford that?? Jesus.
I have been working crazy hours this summer Most of it is going to uni however the iphone is gonna be my one big purchase

I already ordered mine through bell (=
shhh. lol

The company im working for also have employee purchase plans. So i am getting a pretty good plan for cheap
Old 07-27-2010 at 10:37 PM   #19
Jayson193

Liked: 2 Times

It costs more than my computer... too expensive for a mobile phone
Old 07-28-2010 at 07:49 PM   #20
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
I have been working crazy hours this summer Most of it is going to uni however the iphone is gonna be my one big purchase

shhh. lol

The company im working for also have employee purchase plans. So i am getting a pretty good plan for cheap
dont you have to take a min of $50 data plan with bell/telus/rogers/etc if you get iPhone
Old 07-28-2010 at 08:02 PM   #21
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:

shhh. lol

You're lucky. I work a full time and part time and barely have enough to cover school and living expenses. :( My one big purchase is groceries, hahah
Old 07-29-2010 at 08:34 AM   #22
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
dont you have to take a min of $50 data plan with bell/telus/rogers/etc if you get iPhone
Yup you do, but you can cancel the data plan for 100$ after a month. So your paying an extra 100$ to get rid of the data plan and then your good with a 25$ plan from bell.

My plan right now.
250 mins
2500 Texts, unlimited incoming
Caller id
call conference, voice mail, message center and everything
Evenings and weekends starting at 6.
500MB Data

all for 48$ and once/if i cancel my data plan the 500mb goes away with 25$ less a month.

Quote:
You're lucky. I work a full time and part time and barely have enough to cover school and living expenses. :( My one big purchase is groceries, hahah
haha, i know what ya mean. I was lucky enough to get a really good summer job. Although i do live at home for the year so i don have to worry about rent and groceries yet(i consider myself lucky on that part too). That being said most of my money goes to uni and savings(if there is anything left ).
Old 07-29-2010 at 09:23 AM   #23
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:

haha, i know what ya mean. I was lucky enough to get a really good summer job. Although i do live at home for the year so i don have to worry about rent and groceries yet(i consider myself lucky on that part too). That being said most of my money goes to uni and savings(if there is anything left ).
how good can your summer job be, your a first year student with no qualifications. so 12-15/hour at the most im guessing?
Old 07-29-2010
manap3000
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:06 AM   #24
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
how good can your summer job be, your a first year student with no qualifications. so 12-15/hour at the most im guessing?
You would be surprised as to how many Summer jobs are there given just to students paying 16-20$ an hour. I personally know of a few people who are getting paid around 16-20$/h jobs where the minimum qualifications is high school. They just require you to work hard. With my current job i even get the opportunity once in a while to do overtime which we get paid double. Like i said i consider myself very very lucky to have landed my job.

Sorry for the of-topic convo there

I was talking to bell reps and apparently the price of the iphone is gonna be cheaper than expected. One of them told me 159$ for 16GB and 279$ for the 32G which is pretty awesome. I hope its true. Im really excited for friday lol.
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:15 AM   #25
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

~$500 for a mobile phone?! Wow. And to top that off, the plans are outrageous!

Sorry, but I would rather invest my hard earned money in something that will
surely hold, if not increase, its value than use it for something that depreciates faster
than BP's stocks right after the oil spill.
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:26 AM   #26
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
~$500 for a mobile phone?! Wow. And to top that off, the plans are outrageous!

Sorry, but I would rather invest my hard earned money in something that will
surely hold, if not increase, its value than use it for something that depreciates faster
than BP's stocks right after the oil spill.
Everyone has that one guilty pleasure I doubt to many people would justify us spending 500-2000+$ on guitars either.

And if you think about it. its 250+ tax for the iphone on a 3year plan. That plan dosent include data. So it can be whatever plan you choose.
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:41 AM   #27
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Everyone has that one guilty pleasure I doubt to many people would justify us spending 500-2000+$ on guitars either.

Quote:
And if you think about it. its 250+ tax for the iphone on a 3year plan. That plan dosent include data. So it can be whatever plan you choose.
To be honest, I'd rather invest in guitars.
Old 07-29-2010 at 11:16 AM   #28
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Yup you do, but you can cancel the data plan for 100$ after a month. So your paying an extra 100$ to get rid of the data plan and then your good with a 25$ plan from bell.

My plan right now.
250 mins
2500 Texts, unlimited incoming
Caller id
call conference, voice mail, message center and everything
Evenings and weekends starting at 6.
500MB Data

all for 48$ and once/if i cancel my data plan the 500mb goes away with 25$ less a month.
Now THAT is interesting. Right now I got a plan with Telus, contract expires in November. So, if I add on data to make it $50 a month, then remove it after 1 month, thats about $120 fee's ill need to pay to cancel. Then, i gotta pay iPhone price, which I assume is like $200 if I keep contract.

So all together I can get an iPhone 4 for $320? Am I missing something?
Old 07-29-2010 at 11:23 AM   #29
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Now THAT is interesting. Right now I got a plan with Telus, contract expires in November. So, if I add on data to make it $50 a month, then remove it after 1 month, thats about $120 fee's ill need to pay to cancel. Then, i gotta pay iPhone price, which I assume is like $200 if I keep contract.

So all together I can get an iPhone 4 for $320? Am I missing something?
Nope that is correct. But you will have to sign a 3yr contract in order to get the phone for 200$, which after you cancel the data plan will onle be voice.

If you wanted to cancel the voice plan though then i believe you would have to pay 300-400$

Check with telus though, because i know different companies have different charges for canceling. Some companies charge per month left and some just a flat rate. If you are with telus though and contract ending you should check to see if you can get a upgrade or something.

Last edited by Crzyrio : 07-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.