MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irish studies? Melanieee Academics 19 06-16-2010 04:43 PM
Good Luck! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-10-2010 03:16 PM
Eat till you’re green: St. Patty's Day Pancake Breakfast rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-15-2010 08:43 AM

How will you celebrate St.Patty's Day? - Luck O' the Irish

Old 03-14-2010 at 07:24 PM   #1
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times

How will you celebrate St.Patty's Day? - Luck O' the Irish
Besides going to MSU general assembly from 4:30-6:30pm in Bridges gym

***Part of the profits from this will be going to support CLAY, one of McMaster's summer conferences, run by MAC students for secondary school students across Ontario. It is unique because it provides students with the opportunity to share and expand their knowledge in leadership through an open, innovative, and interactive environment with other students.

So come out and show your support!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3483109 49630#!/event.php?eid=3664699 39288&index=1

Having a Party? Don't Want to Have to Haul all of Your Empties out to the Curb or Bring them Back to the Store? Want to Help CLAY Raise Money for one of Canada's BEST Leadership Conferences for High School Students AND help the environment?

CLAY Fundraising Committee will be collecting empty bottles/cans. We will be dropping off bottles for change that will go directly to CLAY. Simply contact CLAY Fundraising through Facebook (or message me directly =])and we will COME TO YOU and pick up anything you would like to donate.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3049711 09872

Other Ideas:
* Find the pot of gold. Gold prices are way up. Now is your chance to strike it rich. Just follow the rainbow and turn right on Elves Street. :twocents::twocents:: twocents::sonar:
* Give your friend a shamrock. Wear a green hat and bow tie.
* It’s time to wear that green shirt that no one can stand. Hey, it’s only good to wear for this time of year.
* Have a green bagel. Just make sure that the bagel has food coloring and does not have green mold instead.
* Have breakfast with Lucky Charm
* Wear a pin that says "Kiss Me I'm Irish." If you're not Irish, so what? If anybody calls you on it, just say your great-grandmother's maiden name was O'Shaugnessy. Enough said.
* Watch a movie. Here's some films that feature Irish characters and/or themes: "Once," "The Departed," "The Commitments," "The Informer," "The Quiet Man," "Angela's Ashes," "Circle of Friends," "In the Name of the Father," "Gangs of New York," "The Matchmaker," or "The Secret of Roan Inish."

St. Patrick's Day Cocktail Ideas

http://cocktails.about.com/od/cockta...ty_cktl_tp.htm

Irish Desserts

http://baking.about.com/od/irishdessertsandbread s/Irish_Desserts.htm

Yeah! My first thread

Last edited by temara.brown : 03-15-2010 at 01:31 PM.

temara.brown likes this.
Old 03-14-2010 at 07:34 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

<3 Clay!
Old 03-14-2010 at 09:28 PM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

The Boondock Saints should be mentioned sooner or later. I've heard that the sequel should be kept far, far away though.

Last edited by temara.brown : 03-15-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: response to something that was removed by request
Old 03-14-2010
deadpool
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-14-2010 at 10:28 PM   #4
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Waking Ned Devine is a great movie too Also, I haven't seen the Secret of Roan Inish since I was about 7, talk about bringing back memories