MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old Personal Timetable Ohmz Academics 4 07-20-2011 04:27 PM
personal exam timetable - anyone have it? jackiemac Academics 44 03-02-2011 01:38 PM
Personal Timetable HELP !!!!! hamnahx02 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-13-2009 02:46 PM
question about personal timetable lbqjenny First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2009 02:50 AM
personal timetable!! ishk33 Academics 3 08-15-2008 10:53 AM

You do not have access to view the personal timetable

Old 06-07-2012 at 12:40 PM   #1
shine01

Liked: 0 Times

You do not have access to view the personal timetable
Is anyone else getting this message when you click on this year's timetable link? I've waited several hours after picking courses. Shouldn't I be able to access it by now?
Old 06-07-2012 at 12:43 PM   #2
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine01 View Post
Is anyone else getting this message when you click on this year's timetable link? I've waited several hours after picking courses. Shouldn't I be able to access it by now?
It doesn't come out until August once sectioning is done.

shine01 says thanks to J. Dorey for this post.
Old 06-07-2012 at 12:55 PM   #3
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

lmao pretty sure when you finish course selection, the popup window clearly states that you cant access your timetable until august 7th.

icecubz likes this.
Old 06-07-2012 at 01:33 PM   #4
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
lmao pretty sure when you finish course selection, the popup window clearly states that you cant access your timetable until august 7th.
... lol kids these days
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

Chris23, nerual like this.
Old 06-07-2012 at 01:56 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You haven't been assigned sections yet, you just picked the courses and term you'd like to take them. That's why it doesn't show up .

shine01 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-07-2012 at 02:40 PM   #6
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Cant break out the chirps tho, just a first year. They get a one term grace period haha. Dont worry, a couple months to go, then if you dont like your labs or tutorials you are assigned you can try reworking them to better fit your desired schedule
Old 06-07-2012 at 04:14 PM   #7
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I still don't understand the purpose of sectioning. UofT has way more students, I imagine many more sections, yet everything is fairly straightforward for them on ROSI. They also have waitlists.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-07-2012 at 04:22 PM   #8
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I still don't understand the purpose of sectioning. UofT has way more students, I imagine many more sections, yet everything is fairly straightforward for them on ROSI. They also have waitlists.
They also have a lot more $$$ for infrastructure
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 06-07-2012 at 04:28 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
To maximize the number of students who can take the courses. If we were allowed to choose sections early on then taking electives would be so much more hectic. Some students in certain programs may only be able to take 1 section (due to conflicts) but if upper years or faculties who pick before them fill up that section then those students wouldn't be able to get into the course.

Therefore it benefits those students who may only be able to choose 1 section and has no drawbacks for students who may be able to take any section; of course except for not having the time you want, but having students in the course is more important than students having the time they want.

Of course you could put restrictions on sections like they do courses, but it's not as simple because students within a program (who pick on the same day) may have many electives which can cause students within the same program to have different limitations on the sections they can be in.