MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
great show reannakla1 Movies & Television 29 01-07-2013 10:01 AM
How Great Is Whidden!? JazzLee Whidden Hall Forum 3 02-02-2012 02:53 PM
Old cartoons that are great even today Krusenik Movies & Television 37 01-18-2011 11:31 PM

You know what would be great?

Old 01-09-2015 at 09:35 PM   #16
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
And this is what I mean about developing the maturity to deal with the situation. "Fail rate was 15%", "The University doesn't consider cases", "Prof gets a kick from failing students".

What is the fail rate of a typical class? 15% means nothing if that's a typical fail rate. What is the class average compared to other classes in the University? For all anyone knows, you are whining and stating negative things about the class because you failed, rather than looking at it as a much bigger picture.

"The University doesn't consider cases" ---- what? The Ombuds office is meant exactly FOR that. If there's a legitimate case, the Ombuds office helps to escalate it and to see a change.

"Prof gets a kick from failing students". Oh, well NOW I know you're looking at this objectively and fairly, and that you're not simply being your typical pessimistic self.......

It especially doesn't help anyone to believe that you're a reasonable, rational person when they have to read about how your department of study was worse than AIDS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
Whatever you say mean macinsiders dude.
mike_302 have you ever heard of the the term hyperbole? its not a crime to overexaggerate
Old 01-09-2015 at 09:56 PM   #17
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
mike_302 have you ever heard of the the term hyperbole? its not a crime to overexaggerate
Actually I did not exaggerate. 15% failure rate in that particular course was taken from my conversation with the TA.

But does he know, right? He's just a TA that did the marking. Pff.
Old 01-09-2015 at 10:15 PM   #18
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Quote:
Actually I did not exaggerate. 15% failure rate in that particular course was taken from my conversation with the TA.

But does he know, right? He's just a TA that did the marking. Pff.
I think the "hyperbole" comment was regarding your signature, which says that your program is worse than AIDS.
Old 01-10-2015 at 12:28 AM   #19
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Quote:
I think the "hyperbole" comment was regarding your signature, which says that your program is worse than AIDS.
Meh, you don't pay 10k a year for AIDS.
Old 01-10-2015 at 05:43 AM   #20
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

Lol....
Old 01-10-2015 at 08:12 AM   #21
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

{facepalm} My case on maturity and doing useful things, has made itself.

Thank you and good day.

Andrew A, Rstevenson like this.
Old 01-10-2015 at 11:26 AM   #22
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Quote:
My case on maturity and doing useful things, has made itself.
So if you are all about maturity and doing useful things, why do you keep replying?
Old 01-13-2015 at 08:25 PM   #23
Lawstudent

Liked: 6 Times

GeorgeLucas I 100% agree with you. Had a terrible TA first year who had it out for me no matter how hard I tried
in the course, how many office hours I had revisiting my essays/ looking to improve, etc. I actually had essays
returned to me where he had given me a B+, crossed it out and put down C instead. As a naive first year who
wanted to maintain a full courseload, I foolishly did not drop the course and ended with a near failing grade.
Sought out the prof for help and also got no help; he chose to rely on the TA's judgement. Yes, I did understand
the course and material very well, took similar courses that I aced.

Spent the next 3 years working my ass off to get no grade below an A to make up for this near failing grade. Due
to this one course, 4 years down the road it was a huge struggle getting into some of the top law schools I had
applied to (as most look at cumulative GPA), but with effort I finally managed to get into Osgoode.

No, profs and TA's are not godlike entities whose grades determine our futures. I've lost respect for many profs
over the years because they would sooner screw over a student, rather than help them out (P.S. I was a TA too,
have had many personal conversations with profs over this matter).

Last edited by Lawstudent : 01-13-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2015 at 07:25 AM   #24
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
{facepalm} My case on maturity and doing useful things, has made itself.

Thank you and good day.
Quote:
So if you are all about maturity and doing useful things, why do you keep replying?
He never said it was s strong case Mr Lucas!
Old 01-15-2015 at 03:31 PM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I've had a lot of shit courses throughout university, but if your grade is differing by 8-9 points between each time you've taken it; it's pretty unlikely it's the professors fault. Believe it or not, you probably just tried harder than you did before.

Also, who cares. Most employers care way more about your personal projects than your grades.