Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are you listening to? tatski-p Music 92 09-15-2010 10:06 PM

What are you listening to?

Old 10-06-2009 at 02:27 PM   #241
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

I have never seen that anime before.

But I blame Tailsnake for the familiarity because he loves mecha anime and I probably heard it off him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
Also; that is a circumstance where something I listened to is from an OP from some anime, but not all music I get from that side of the world is from some TV Show. It just happened to play on my shuffle for Winamp.
For most of elementary / early high school, I didn't listen to the radio much and my entire playlist basically consisted of 30 or so anime-related songs =/
Old 10-06-2009 at 03:27 PM   #242
jjuaristi

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Horchata by Vampire Weekend, although I've been listening to The Hidden Cameras and Broken Social Scene all afternoon.

jamescw1234, mgallant like this.
Old 10-06-2009 at 07:09 PM   #243
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I've been listening to some French music. Pretty random ones, but I was wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions?
Old 10-06-2009 at 07:18 PM   #244
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

<3<3<3

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

Lois, mgallant like this.
Old 10-06-2009 at 08:56 PM   #245
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

dilemna- nelly ft. kelly rowland
Old 10-06-2009 at 09:36 PM   #246
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I've been listening to some French music. Pretty random ones, but I was wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions?

You want random? I have that song from Ratatouille on my playlist...

>______>
Old 10-06-2009 at 11:13 PM   #247
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

I bet i can beat u all. I have duel of fates - Star Wars

Beat that for random ! =)

Old 10-06-2009 at 11:45 PM   #248
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post

Oh you do not want to challenge me in random, weird or nerdy music.

I have "Sandcastles in the Sand" by Robin Sparkles on here.
Old 10-06-2009 at 11:59 PM   #249
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Oh you do not want to challenge me in random, weird or nerdy music.

I have "Sandcastles in the Sand" by Robin Sparkles on here.
Oh snaps; Robin Sparkles is amazing.
Old 10-07-2009 at 06:06 AM   #250
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I have never seen that anime before.

But I blame Tailsnake for the familiarity because he loves mecha anime and I probably heard it off him.

For most of elementary / early high school, I didn't listen to the radio much and my entire playlist basically consisted of 30 or so anime-related songs =/
Check this blog out. The one thing that is beautiful about J-music (and any other band licensed outside of north america) is that it is very often unlicensed and hence legal to download here. God, gotta love that

Aside from that, the page I link you to is Asriel which is a pretty good Gothic-Lolita/Gothic-aristocrat band, but not suitable for everyone. Regardless, go to the main page and you can check out a ton of other great bands of many diverse genres of music.

Old 10-07-2009 at 06:11 AM   #251
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post

I have touhou/Video Game Arranges, and a bit of Classical stuff in there for kicks as well. The minute you start saying "I listen to classical", people start jumping around thinkin' you're weird for some reason. Honestly, Classical is so underrated in this country that it's almost astounding. What I've noticed in my group of friends (which is probably a bad consensus to base my judgment on) is that the very few that enjoy classical are those raised often outside of Canada and/or someone who has strong ties to nationalities that aren't Canadian. Not to diss Canada (I mean, I've only been living here for the majority of my life), but I really think it deserves more credit.

Last edited by RoyK : 10-07-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2009 at 09:47 AM   #252
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
I have touhou/Video Game Arranges, and a bit of Classical stuff in there for kicks as well. The minute you start saying "I listen to classical", people start jumping around thinkin' you're weird for some reason. Honestly, Classical is so underrated in this country that it's almost astounding. What I've noticed in my group of friends (which is probably a bad consensus to base my judgment on) is that the very few that enjoy classical are those raised often outside of Canada and/or someone who has strong ties to nationalities that aren't Canadian. Not to diss Canada (I mean, I've only been living here for the majority of my life), but I really think it deserves more credit.
I'm into the classical music too. Probably because I play piano and classical guitar and most of the concert band instruments, but yea.

In regards to your previous post... I'm pretty sure it's legal to download in Canada. It's just illegal to redistribute it. Unless the laws have changed?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-07-2009 at 09:59 AM   #253
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'm into the classical music too. Probably because I play piano and classical guitar and most of the concert band instruments, but yea.

In regards to your previous post... I'm pretty sure it's legal to download in Canada. It's just illegal to redistribute it. Unless the laws have changed?
Pretty sure you can't distribute, but I don't know if downloading is regarded as
legal.

Anyhoo,

Old 10-07-2009 at 11:04 AM   #254
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Pretty sure you can't distribute, but I don't know if downloading is regarded as
legal.

Anyhoo,

Canadian law is very lax when it comes to distribution and downloading. Downloading is generally fine, though big corporations and industries in the States are often trying to influence Canadian legislature into changing this particular "grey" part of the law because of the mass pirating. That was from what I last heard on the topic when it was brought up in an older episode of "The Lab: With Leo Laporte" (still can't believe they pulled the show from the G4 network), an individual who many credit as a highly knowledgeable person in the tech field.

In general, the few instances where individuals are charged, it is often for distribution. The last large case I can probably think of was that big deal a few years back, where a group of individuals were mass-burning retail dvds and selling these copies on the streets, and by a large amount I might add. There was a police bust and it was mentioned in the midnight news, but generally, nothing big.

Just search up "Pirating in Canada" on the google search bar, and you'll see a lot of articles on the entire topic. Anyways, that's a going off on a tangent. In terms of what I posted, its rather fine because of how licensing works in terms of regions as well as in regards to Canada's weak take at downloading.

Last edited by RoyK : 10-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2009 at 03:32 PM   #255
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Malajube

Chris Wituik likes this.