MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-15-2011 at 04:52 PM   #1
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Group classes at the Pulse
hey so I'm interested in starting to workout in group classes at the Pulse this coming school year but I'm not so sure how it works. I am planning on getting the 8-month Pulse membership, but does this allow me to go to group workout classes when I want too or do I have to pay for each of them separately? Any info about how this works would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-15-2011 at 05:07 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Nope, as long as you have the Pulse membership, you can go to any of the classes: Aerobics/Yoga, Pilates... etc. For more about the classes and descriptions: http://www.marauders.ca/sports/2011/...tnesscycl ing
The ones that require you to pay more are the dance classes, swimming classes, etc.

**jewel 03**, mcmasterPuls all say thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 05:22 PM   #3
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

awesome thanks! I couldn't seem to find this on my own for some reason haha
Old 08-15-2011 at 05:30 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
awesome thanks! I couldn't seem to find this on my own for some reason haha
You're welcome . Oh yeah, the old one wasn't very organized and the Athrec website is being updated so there's still some problems with it.
Old 08-16-2011 at 03:09 PM   #5
mcmasterPuls
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 5 Times

Go to www.marauders.ca/fitness to check out the Group Fitness OR Cycling schedules. Entrance to classes is included with your Pulse Membership and class descriptions are online. No need to sign up in advance, it is first come first serve. See you there!

Sammcmaster likes this.
Old 08-21-2011 at 10:38 PM   #6
emilystief

Liked: 0 Times

doesnt everyone get acces to the pool the lockers and the classes.....as like included in our schools fees??
Old 08-21-2011 at 10:39 PM   #7
chelseac

Liked: 0 Times

i LOVE cycling! can't wait to try classes!!!!
Old 08-21-2011 at 11:01 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilystief View Post
doesnt everyone get acces to the pool the lockers and the classes.....as like included in our schools fees??
Anything that happens inside the pulse requires payment. Everything else is already paid for in your supplementary fees.
Old 08-22-2011 at 03:22 PM   #9
mcmasterPuls
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilystief View Post

Your student card gets you access to the pool, squash courts, any of the gyms during open times, the upstais track and the locker rooms. Renting a locker is an additional cost but you can use any "Day Locker" for free if you bring your own lock, but belongings must be cleared over night. The Joan Buddle Service Desk also do have locks for rent, if you need.

What is an additional cost is the Pulse Fitness Centre ($119 for the school year, tax included) which gives you access to all the equipment, the indoor rock climbing wall and entrance to any fitness or cycling class (no need to sign up in advance, it is first come first serve). Also if you are interested in any instructional classes (anything from dance, muay thai, karate, yoga) this is also an additional class but students get a discounted rate. We also have a wide-variety of intermurals, which are also an additional cost.

For more information regarding the Depatment of Athletics & Recreation's facilities, programs & prices, please visit marauders.ca

Hope that helps