MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Japanese Percision Walking RoyK General Discussion 7 09-23-2011 10:24 PM
Win just by walking with SWHAT! aviaf General Discussion 0 09-18-2011 09:44 PM
TV Show: The Walking Dead Chad Movies & Television 9 11-03-2010 07:11 PM
anyone know a walking route from ancaster to mcmaster? macbaby07 General Discussion 13 05-03-2010 08:36 PM
Walking Distances Sync First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-13-2008 08:47 AM

The Walking Dead Anyone?

Old 03-07-2013 at 08:50 AM   #1
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

The Walking Dead Anyone?
After seeing a thread on Criminal Minds, I had to check to see how many threads were made for the Walking Dead, and was amazed to find that none had been created yet, so here we are! For any fans that are caught up in the show, I have to say that the performance last week by a certain character was by the far the best of the series! (i wont say names as to refrain from spoiling for those who arent caught up) This season has been the best without a doubt. This thread is for anything and everything, alive, dead or undead! So discuss!
Old 03-07-2013 at 08:54 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

The recent episode where the governor pulled up outside the jail with his guys and started shooting was pretty epic. I raged that the episode ended like 5 minutes later, lol.

Ya, last week's episode was really good too.
Old 03-07-2013 at 08:57 AM   #3
Chris23
Account Locked

Ive read all the comics, so its cool seeing the changes Kirkman makes between his stories and the show. Yeah the attack episode was awesome, I cant wait to see next weeks too! According to the promo after last weeks, Rick and the Guv are gonna have their first face to face meeting. Should make for some great TV!
Old 03-07-2013 at 09:09 AM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I've read all the comics too, and I gotta say, wtf is Tyreese doing in Woodbury? Everything else is going well though.
Old 03-07-2013 at 09:46 AM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

overrated show. season 1 was a copy of all zombie movies i've seen while season 2 was just a big bore
Old 03-07-2013 at 10:07 AM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I'm pretty sure we can't discuss anything and keep the thread spoiler-free, so I'll just use these convenient spoiler tags.

But wrt that shootout, I'm waiting to see who that

Also, Carl is such a little runt. I hope he dies, or at least gets a good smack in the face.

And lastly, it's annoying how the show seems to portray its zombies as deathly quiet until they're about two feet away from you, at which point their footsteps and movements can be heard and they start the zombie moan. A bunch of characters should have been able to survive based on this alone, so it was a little refreshing to see the Governor shoot that one zombie approaching him without even thinking.

Last edited by Entropy : 03-07-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2013 at 12:58 PM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
overrated show. season 1 was a copy of all zombie movies i've seen while season 2 was just a big bore
Season 1 they had to develop some basis for character storylines. AND it was only 6 episodes so they didnt have much time to do it all.
Season 2 was boring for the first half since they spent 5 episodes looking for Sofia, but you cant say season 3 hasnt been their best yet.
The action has amped up, and i like that the zombies are no longer seen as the primary threat, instead this season focuses on people being their own enemies. Michonne is badass too
Old 03-07-2013 at 02:19 PM   #8
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
And lastly, it's annoying how the show seems to portray its zombies as deathly quiet until they're about two feet away from you, at which point their footsteps and movements can be heard and they start the zombie moan. A bunch of characters should have been able to survive based on this alone, so it was a little refreshing to see the Governor shoot that one zombie approaching him without even thinking.
THIS! I love the show, but this is something that ruins it for me.
Old 03-07-2013 at 03:59 PM   #9
nelle01

Liked: 0 Times

Season 2 was really boring... it turned into a drama and was less about the zombies. I still watch though, its getting better
Old 03-07-2013 at 04:20 PM   #10
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Season 1 they had to develop some basis for character storylines. AND it was only 6 episodes so they didnt have much time to do it all.
Season 2 was boring for the first half since they spent 5 episodes looking for Sofia, but you cant say season 3 hasnt been their best yet.
The action has amped up, and i like that the zombies are no longer seen as the primary threat, instead this season focuses on people being their own enemies. Michonne is badass too
meh, im not gonna really like a show if well-over half its episodes are boring. the decision making in the show has been pretty bad in all seasons from what i recall and based on how easy it seems to avoid zombies, there should be more strongholds. hopefully season 3 ends well. it has been the best so far but to me, thats not saying that much. zombies dont even matter now. rick is a bad main character
Old 03-07-2013 at 04:22 PM   #11
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

LOVE this show. Great cast and characters. The last few episodes haven't been as 'action' oriented as the first season, but still good none-the-less.

Big battle between govenor and rick coming up so that'll be exciting.
Old 03-07-2013 at 04:26 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Lets be honest, the only reason people like this show is because its one of the few zombie/apocalypse dramas around.. other than that there's nothing special about it. Only respectable character is Daryll..
Old 03-07-2013 at 04:29 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

You seen the tv show Jericho? Great post-apocalyse show
Old 03-07-2013 at 06:16 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You seen the tv show Jericho? Great post-apocalyse show
Yeah it was awesome, but it ended
Old 03-07-2013 at 06:53 PM   #15
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
meh, im not gonna really like a show if well-over half its episodes are boring. the decision making in the show has been pretty bad in all seasons from what i recall and based on how easy it seems to avoid zombies, there should be more strongholds. hopefully season 3 ends well. it has been the best so far but to me, thats not saying that much. zombies dont even matter now. rick is a bad main character
Thats one of the main focuses of the direction of the show though. That even in a post-apocalyptic, zombie infested world, the main threat is not the zombies, but other people. I think its great the path theyve taken this season.
My only complaint will come if they start treating daryl like the fan favourite that he has become. he is one of everyones favourite characters of course, but i hope they dont put him on a no kill list for fear of losing fans. The great thing about this show is that NO ONE is safe at any given episode. Expect some more deaths in the final few episodes of the season for sure.
I hope Lennie James gets an emmy for the performance he gave last week. The one scene between he and Rick was incredible, he couldnt have hit his mark any better!