MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Undergraduate Course Calendar Geek Academics 4 07-03-2010 07:43 PM
Confusing Undergraduate Calendar feonateresa Academics 5 05-31-2010 09:57 AM
Help with the Undergraduate Calendar goodnews.inc Academics 6 07-22-2009 11:10 PM
Quick question regarding the undergraduate calendar... Porsche First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 47 07-13-2009 08:08 PM
Understanding the Undergraduate Calendar Prerequisites jhan523 Academics 24 07-12-2009 01:58 PM

2010-2011 Undergraduate Calendar

In case this hasn't been noticed yet, the 2010-2011 Undergraduate Calendar has now officially been released. You can access the calendar through the following link:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALENDAR/current/

Enjoy!

Equinox, KRan, micadjems, sun.shine, xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to dchan28 for this post.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-23-2010 at 10:35 AM   #2
jordanrogers
Program: English & Cultural Studies
Year: Second

Liked: 1 Time
Do you know when they actually list the courses offered and the times offered? For English at least, the course calender is never accurate to what is actually offered.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 03-23-2010 at 10:50 AM   #3
nh999
Elite Member
Program: Physiology
Year: Alumni

Liked: 15 Times
The undergraduate calendar says that they will be up in May for the Fall/Winter term. I'm pretty sure that has been the case in previous years. More modifications to the timetable may occur in August.

jordanrogers says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 03-23-2010 at 09:08 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanrogers View Post
Do you know when they actually list the courses offered and the times offered? For English at least, the course calender is never accurate to what is actually offered.

I believe course availabilities for the fall session are released anywhere between late May and mid-June: it all depends on when the course selection dates are. Last year the calender was available slightly less than a week before the first group of fourth years were able to choose their courses.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-24-2010 at 08:34 AM   #5
Crzyrio
Elite Member
Program: Bachelor of Technology : Automotive
Year: Third

Liked: 106 Times
Quote:
I believe course availabilities for the fall session are released anywhere between late May and mid-June: it all depends on when the course selection dates are. Last year the calender was available slightly less than a week before the first group of fourth years were able to choose their courses.
Might i ask how does the course selection work and usually when are we allowed to start picking our courses.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010 at 12:02 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Might i ask how does the course selection work and usually when are we allowed to start picking our courses.

Thanks
You see what is available for the year. You see which fills your program requirements. You see if you can make everything fit into a timetable. Then you curse SOLAR a lot.

Course selection is done by faculty and year. Fourth years start first, and 1-3 faculties will pick on the same day (for instance Humanities and Eng). Then the next fourth year grouping etc etc. Then after a few days the same thing repeats for third years, and then second and first years.

I believe I picked my courses (I'm in fourth year) in mid-June. First years wrap up their selection typically around July 4th. After you open MUGSI for the first time you have a weeks time to select your courses. Then once all years have picked, MUGSI becomes available for all students, usually around the end of July/beginning of August I think.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-25-2010 at 10:14 AM   #7
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You see what is available for the year. You see which fills your program requirements. You see if you can make everything fit into a timetable. Then you curse SOLAR a lot.
That's pretty succint and accurate.

A lot is an understatement for the amount of cursing Solar that will go on though.

lorend says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 03-25-2010 at 06:17 PM   #8
Mahratta
Elite Member
Program: -
Year: Other
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 366 Times
Looks like Math 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 have been replaced with 1Z03,1ZB3, and 1ZC3...hmm...

Last edited by Mahratta : 03-25-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2010 at 09:12 PM   #9
blackdragon
Elite Member
Program: Electrical Engineering
Residence: Matthews Hall '08-'09

Liked: 339 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Looks like Math 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 have been replaced with 1Z03,1ZB3, and 1ZC3...hmm...
hahah sucks for them
Old 03-25-2010 at 11:18 PM   #10
ladyh
Program: Biology

Liked: 25 Times
=( they aren't offering vertebrate anatomy and histology again!!! they didn't offer it this year, and said they'd offer it again next year (every other year). but it's still not offered for 2010-2011 .. i was looking forward to taking those 2 classes since grade 12 ..
Old 03-26-2010 at 08:45 AM   #11
nh999
Elite Member
Program: Physiology

Liked: 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
=( they aren't offering vertebrate anatomy and histology again!!! they didn't offer it this year, and said they'd offer it again next year (every other year). but it's still not offered for 2010-2011 .. i was looking forward to taking those 2 classes since grade 12 ..
Unfortunately, I highly doubt these will come back anytime soon unless the department magically finds hidden money in their budgets to rehire the sessional lecturer who used to teach histology and they find a new prof to teach vert anatomy, which was taught by a lecturer who has since retired.

Thank you, budget cuts and resource shortages!! -__-
Old 03-26-2010 at 12:35 PM   #12
ladyh
Program: Biology

Liked: 25 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh999 View Post
Unfortunately, I highly doubt these will come back anytime soon unless the department magically finds hidden money in their budgets to rehire the sessional lecturer who used to teach histology and they find a new prof to teach vert anatomy, which was taught by a lecturer who has since retired.

Thank you, budget cuts and resource shortages!! -__-
that's disappointing .. those were the only 2 bio courses i legitimately wanted to take. i'm so pissed, lol.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search