MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Parking 2012/2013 ? NatalyaOtaku Automotive & Transportation 3 04-09-2012 12:04 PM
CA Positions for 2012 - 2013 jingletunes Residence & Housing 45 02-10-2012 11:22 PM

2012-2013 Tentative MTT released!

Old 05-15-2012 at 12:40 PM   #75
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
theres no way to track changes on this timetable is there?
I'll add that functionality to my page. The best it will do is tell you which courses have recently changed though, and that's it.

Old 05-15-2012 at 12:49 PM   #76
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
No problem! Well they do fix these issues with required courses, and I've heard of changes for some courses that were part of a course list, mostly because they didn't notice the scheduling conflict, but those aren't guaranteed :(. Still worth a try though!

I don't think so :/
Mac dissapoints sometimes... how hard is it to log when it was last updated and publish that time -_-

Old 05-15-2012 at 01:09 PM   #77
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Mac dissapoints sometimes... how hard is it to log when it was last updated and publish that time -_-
It's a tentative master timetable, students aren't even supposed to have access to it but one year a student found it and their URLs are so predictable that you can find these tentative timetables every year now. The registrar probably doesn't even know that students are accessing it.

Old 05-15-2012 at 01:22 PM   #78
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It's a tentative master timetable, students aren't even supposed to have access to it but one year a student found it and their URLs are so predictable that you can find these tentative timetables every year now. The registrar probably doesn't even know that students are accessing it.
They probably don't know if they don't care. It seems as if they don't care because otherwise UTS would've notified them of the 'leak' and they would've worked around it and have done something else.

Old 05-15-2012 at 01:52 PM   #79
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Eh it doesn't make a difference to the registrar if students know or not. If it wasn't suppose to be accessed by students, its not hard, they can keep it internally in their system.. just like when marks are released only at certain times of the day, even though they are inputted at various times...

Old 05-15-2012 at 02:06 PM   #80
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Eh it doesn't make a difference to the registrar if students know or not. If it wasn't suppose to be accessed by students, its not hard, they can keep it internally in their system.. just like when marks are released only at certain times of the day, even though they are inputted at various times...
It doesn't matter if students can access it, my point is that the registrar doesn't provide a link to the tentative timetable anywhere on their website meaning that they don't intend students to access it. Therefore they won't alter the webpage to make it more student friendly (by highlighting changes for example) just because some students have randomly stumbled upon the webpage.

Old 05-15-2012 at 03:51 PM   #81
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
Does anyone have a link to the dates for course selections for year 2/3/4?

Old 05-15-2012 at 04:01 PM   #82
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Does anyone have a link to the dates for course selections for year 2/3/4?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...%20Final. pdf

Old 05-15-2012 at 04:26 PM   #83
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Okay, so I got my program to detect which courses have had information change in the timetable as it gets updated. I can set it to update the timetable and check for updated courses on the hour or whatever time period is preferred.

I'll upload everything to an external web server so it's fast later today.

icecubz likes this.

Old 05-15-2012 at 04:48 PM   #84
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Okay, so I got my program to detect which courses have had information change in the timetable as it gets updated. I can set it to update the timetable and check for updated courses on the hour or whatever time period is preferred.

I'll upload everything to an external web server so it's fast later today.
Awesome!

/12char

Old 05-16-2012 at 05:21 PM   #85
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Alright, so I got it running on a fast external web server. It checks at 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM. I figure there aren't any updates after 6 (seeing as the registrar closes at 4:00 PM).

Any courses that have changed since the last check will appear in the linked file in the second heading.

Hopefully this makes everyone's lives easier.

Here is the link.

Enjoy!

*spark*, anonanon987, Biochem47, Eternal Fire, icecubz, moonlitnight, oranges, Philipp31, RememberTwce, yoni, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.

Old 05-16-2012 at 07:26 PM   #86
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
Quote:
Alright, so I got it running on a fast external web server. It checks at 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM. I figure there aren't any updates after 6 (seeing as the registrar closes at 4:00 PM).

Any courses that have changed since the last check will appear in the linked file in the second heading.

Here is the link.

Enjoy!
I like the list of recent course updates at the top. Nice touch. <3

Old 05-17-2012 at 07:57 AM   #87
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times
Quote:

Here is the link.

Enjoy!

This is actually so amazing!!! Thank you

Old 05-17-2012 at 09:19 AM   #88
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times
Just looked at it. Is it possible for errors to happen for the time of the course? I looked at Comp Eng 2SH4 on that link by Ownaginatios. It says lectures on Mon, Thurs are 2 hours while the Tues lecture is 1 hour. If that is true, Comp Eng 2SH4 conflicts with Comp Eng 2DI4 lecture for Mon and Thurs. I dont know how my profs expect me to be in two places at once unless i ask the tron eng students to build me an android that would go to lecture for me DX

Old 05-17-2012 at 09:58 AM   #89
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgdynasty View Post
Just looked at it. Is it possible for errors to happen for the time of the course? I looked at Comp Eng 2SH4 on that link by Ownaginatios. It says lectures on Mon, Thurs are 2 hours while the Tues lecture is 1 hour. If that is true, Comp Eng 2SH4 conflicts with Comp Eng 2DI4 lecture for Mon and Thurs. I dont know how my profs expect me to be in two places at once unless i ask the tron eng students to build me an android that would go to lecture for me DX
In the original tentative timetable the lectures are only 1 hour long.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search