MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

2nd year eng

Old 02-17-2011 at 04:44 PM   #31
Porsche911

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
You know what other electives are easy? Psych 1X03.
Yes!!! I took Psych this year, not only is it easy, but I loved it. I'd recommend taking Econ 1BB3 in first year (you have to take Econ 1B03 for Management in first year) just because there's so much crossover between the two (the first 5 chapters or something like that are identical).

I also think that you will have an easier time with Psych if you take it as an upper year, since it is actually designed to not be a bird course (though that doesn't mean that you can't get good mark in it). It's also a great course for Eng students, since there's only 1 hour of class and 2 online lectures for the week, which makes it really easy to fit into a cramped Eng schedule.

Just a thought, but you may also want to plan your schedule so that you take Psych when you take Eng Management courses like Commerce 2BA3 (Organizational Behaviour) or to a lesser extent Commerce 2MA3 (Marketing) since there is some crossover between the 2 courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
im gona need to take coop and Managment

so I need an ecenomics course not sure which one

and I need 1EE03 something like that

i only get 2 electives right?
Unless they switch around the calendar for Civ Eng and Management, you get 2 electives in 1st year, one of which has to be Econ 1B03 for you to be eligible for Management. You also get an elective in 3rd year and will have to take Econ 1BB3 if you haven't already taken it. This means, that if you take both Econs in first year, you will have 2 electives in 3rd year.

Oh, and another tip for electives, if it's a smaller elective (Psych and both Econs do not fall into this category, as they both have a massive number of students enrolled in them) that is relatively popular, register in it as soon as you can. I couldn't get into an elective this term and wound up taking an extra commerce course in its place.

The Co-op course (Eng 1EE0 I think) is only 4 weeks unless it's changed. I took it in the first month, since I figured the workload would be the lightest at the start. It doesn't really matter when you take it though.

mfattal says thanks to Porsche911 for this post.
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:28 AM   #32
JLG 15

Liked: 0 Times

The co-op course 1EE0 does not count as a elective because it is worth 0 units. You have to take 6 units of elective for first year (normally 2 course) but some course have more units than others.
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:30 AM   #33
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

does 1EE0 count into my GPA? and for first year engineering my electives should be Econ 1B03 Econ 1BB3

Thanks guys

Hope I can get a 7 average with 37 units
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:44 AM   #34
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
does 1EE0 count into my GPA? and for first year engineering my electives should be Econ 1B03 Econ 1BB3

Thanks guys

Hope I can get a 7 average with 37 units
0 credit courses don't effect your GPA I believe.

Also: nice goal
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:46 AM   #35
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
0 credit courses don't effect your GPA I believe.

Also: nice goal
thanks I just hope i can get it

i am really scared of chem and physics

a bit calc

hear they are killers
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:50 AM   #36
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

a bit calc

hear they are killers
I only remember doing bad in and having to work at physics/materials and my electives.
Old 02-18-2011 at 01:44 PM   #37
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:

a bit calc

hear they are killers
Chemistry have a huge learning curve depending on how well you are with it.

I would recommend you to grab the textbook (dunno if they have pirated version online) and work through the first 4 chapters. Which mostly covers grade 11 materials. More calculation base approach.

That is exactly what they expect you to know for first week of Chemistry caused they start you on chapter 5.

Physic is a lot better since they start you from pretty much beginning. Fa = Fr!

Last edited by PHLN : 02-18-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2011 at 02:30 PM   #38
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Chemistry have a huge learning curve depending on how well you are with it.

I would recommend you to grab the textbook (dunno if they have pirated version online) and work through the first 4 chapters. Which mostly covers grade 11 materials. More calculation base approach.

That is exactly what they expect you to know for first week of Chemistry caused they start you on chapter 5.

Physic is a lot better since they start you from pretty much beginning. Fa = Fr!
Whats the book called?

I did really bad in chem :(
Old 02-18-2011 at 04:24 PM   #39
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Whats the book called?

I did really bad in chem :(
Bookmark McMaster's Title Bookstore. They have a search feature to find the book for a particular course.

http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/

In this case, your book is here
Old 02-18-2011 at 05:47 PM   #40
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
(dunno if they have pirated version online)
They actually don't - not of 10e of Petrucci...not that I pirate or anything.