MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 Ish001 Academics 43 08-29-2011 10:18 PM
Elective choice for summer mike4 Academics 0 04-12-2011 07:57 PM
Confusion about Math 2ZZ3 harshey13 Academics 5 06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Relig st 2zz3..did anyone tke this course before? amandae Academics 0 06-09-2010 11:16 AM

2nd yr elective with math 2ZZ3 over summer?

Old 04-25-2011 at 12:43 AM   #1
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

2nd yr elective with math 2ZZ3 over summer?
Hi

I am 1st year engineering student going in 2nd year. I am looking for some easy 2nd year elective to take with math 2zz3 for summer. Prefer something that requires less writing.

Any suggestion?

Or if you think 2zz3 itself is enough to handle for summer term please let me know as well.

Thanks

Last edited by moonlitnight : 04-25-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2011 at 12:47 AM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

You have to do 2Z03 before you do 2ZZ3... Don't go taking a tonne of courses either Those too will have you cursing and swearing your free time away as it is.
Old 04-25-2011 at 12:48 AM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

From what I've heard, the summer versions of 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 are pretty lax as compared to their school year equivalents.

As for electives, language courses (French, German, Spanish, Japanese. etc) tend to be on the less intensive side. They're all typically 6 units though, meaning they take the whole summer term.

If that's not your thing, there are always courses like econ you can take.

Not sure if it's a good idea for you to take anything else though, as I'm guessing this will be the first time you will be seeing the material of 2ZZ3 (most there just failed it during the school year). Some of it (especially partial differential equations) are not easy concepts to understand.
Old 04-25-2011 at 12:55 AM   #4
moonlitnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
You have to do 2Z03 before you do 2ZZ3... Don't go taking a tonne of courses either Those too will have you cursing and swearing your free time away as it is.
Taking Math 2Z03 and Econ 1BB3 1st term

took 6 courses this year, and kept hearing others dropping courses and having a bit relaxed schedule. only dropped 1BB3 2nd term cause was out of country for 15 days and didnt want to fail physics mid.

I seriously want to reduce the load for next year
Old 04-25-2011 at 12:58 AM   #5
moonlitnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
From what I've heard, the summer versions of 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 are pretty lax as compared to their school year equivalents.

As for electives, language courses (French, German, Spanish, Japanese. etc) tend to be on the less intensive side. They're all typically 6 units though, meaning they take the whole summer term.

If that's not your thing, there are always courses like econ you can take.

Not sure if it's a good idea for you to take anything else though, as I'm guessing this will be the first time you will be seeing the material of 2ZZ3 (most there just failed it during the school year). Some of it (especially partial differential equations) are not easy concepts to understand.
Yeah I heard about most people failing that course this year. Thats why is in 2 minds about taking it by itself or with an elective.
Old 04-25-2011 at 01:27 AM   #6
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Bear inmind that an easy second year makes 3rd year look a LOT harder, because you'll go from a semi-relaxed schedule to another full load.
Old 04-25-2011 at 01:41 AM   #7
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
Bear inmind that an easy second year makes 3rd year look a LOT harder, because you'll go from a semi-relaxed schedule to another full load.
What if he keeps taking summer school every year though.
Old 04-25-2011 at 02:13 AM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Im doing the same thing since I switched over from comp to elec, so I need to do 2zz3 now... prolly gonna take macroecon