MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old exams MichelleS Academics 7 12-09-2012 12:10 AM
Are deferred exams generally harder than exams written during exam period? User22 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-15-2012 03:04 PM
3 Exams in a Row? oxelhs Academics 18 12-09-2011 04:47 PM
TIPS: Prepping for exams (and where to get past exams) Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 11-16-2011 09:12 PM
Exams in May? cowcow Academics 5 04-01-2009 09:17 PM

3 Exams in 1 Day!!!

Old 10-18-2013 at 03:43 PM   #1
redasangay

Liked: 1 Time

3 Exams in 1 Day!!!
So I just checked my MUGSI exam schedule and I have three consecutive exams in one day...

Econ 1BB3 at 9:00 a.m.
Earth Sci 2EI3 at 12:30 p.m.
Bio 3FF3 at 19:30 p.m.

I tried calling and they told me to come in on Monday and fill out a form and when I asked her my likelihood, she didin't seem confident in her answer.

So I'm kinda REALLY freaking out and I was wondering what are my chances to have this fixed.

And also, what happens, do I write the exam sometime during the exam period or when they write deferred exams or what?

So guidance would be appreciated..
Old 10-18-2013 at 03:49 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

If you have three exams within one day, rest assured, one will get rescheduled. I believe they have a period of time at the end of the normal exam period when you can write, but I'm not too sure. Someone here will be able to give you a better answer, but your situation seems promising in your favor for sure!
Old 10-18-2013 at 03:51 PM   #3
infinitemac

Liked: 0 Times

I had somewhat of a similar situation and I went into the exam department in GH 114 today and basically my situation is that on Dec 12 I have an exam from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and another exam on the same day at 4:00pm, so I filled the form and they said that what they would do is I'd write my exam at the next time slot -- 7:30 instead of 4:00pm ... so in your case they might just move your last exam to the next time slot, maybe the day after, but I might be wrong! I don't think they'd make it a deferred exam though! Good luck!
Old 10-20-2013 at 10:01 PM   #4
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

You will get one switched.
they only don't switch if you have them spread over two days. Last year for example, I had an afternoon and evening exam, then one the next morning. They were all within 24 hours, however, since they were separated by a different calendar date it did not count.
Old 10-20-2013 at 10:02 PM   #5
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

I am also in earth sci 2ei3. If it is anything like his water exam, there is not much preparation you can do. So I would not stress to hard about that one being sandwiched between two exams.