MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Submiting Majors gunsnroses First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-24-2013 11:50 AM
All My Pnb Majors Where You At? SirPhil Academics 55 08-09-2011 08:04 AM
GPA chart for Majors waleed123 General Discussion 4 11-29-2010 03:12 PM
Majors noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-27-2009 10:43 PM
majors in Mac lbqjenny First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 05-22-2009 11:00 AM

3 Majors?

Old 07-25-2014 at 10:36 AM   #16
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaslice View Post
I appreciate that you are trying to give an honest opinion, but you don't need to come off as rude. First of all, you haven't even asked why I chose those these three majors. Instead you went ahead and judged my choices assuming that I won't be able to go anywhere with them in the job market.
All I wanted was to know whether or not it were possible to complete these 3 majors, and if the university would allow it.
I do not need or want your opinion on my choices otherwise.
Good day to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
So exactly what are your reasons for each of those three majors. While having overlap helps reduce the tie it takes to get those courses, too much overlap is not allowed.

If you provide more information we can be of more help.
Didnt you read the OP's post? he clearly isnt looking for opinions or help. He just wanted to post a question and not have an honest answer in return Cant wait for my kid to take this OP's position as branch manager for Taco Bell 20 years down the road!
Old 07-25-2014 at 01:41 PM   #17
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Starbucks?
Old 07-25-2014 at 03:06 PM   #18
vampin19xx

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneup View Post
You don't want honest down to earth advice? Then don't ask. Simple as that. This is a dumb idea. Extremely dumb.
I think the "honest, down to earth advice" given by many on this post is appreciated by the poster, however I doubt calling their idea "dumb" is constructive in any way nor is it down to earth and its only natural for one take offence. We're not children on the playground calling each other's ideas "dumb" and any other unimaginative word we could think of, its easy enough to be a respectable adult and tell them that it's a bad idea in your opinion and maybe even tell them why you think it's a bad idea.

Let's just help each other out and play nice, everyone is trying to navigate their way through school and life.

pizzaslice says thanks to vampin19xx for this post.
Old 07-25-2014 at 03:49 PM   #19
Phoneup

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampin19xx View Post
I think the "honest, down to earth advice" given by many on this post is appreciated by the poster, however I doubt calling their idea "dumb" is constructive in any way nor is it down to earth and its only natural for one take offence. We're not children on the playground calling each other's ideas "dumb" and any other unimaginative word we could think of, its easy enough to be a respectable adult and tell them that it's a bad idea in your opinion and maybe even tell them why you think it's a bad idea.

Let's just help each other out and play nice, everyone is trying to navigate their way through school and life.
You're kidding, right?

How is saying the truth by pointing out this is a dumb idea 'disrespectful' or 'hurtful'? "And oh my god, how dare I call an idea 'dumb' - oh goodness me that is such an 'unimaginative' word!"

Seriously, where is all of this sensitivity coming from?

And you're going to call me irrespecutful and not an 'adult' while you're at it? Oh please, if anyone here needs to grow up then it's you - this is the real world, it's not My Little Ponies. And as long as I'm helping OP and pointing out the truth then I could care less about how you feel in regards to the way in which I said it. I also don't need to explain my stance as others have already done so before my post. Maybe you should pay attention to the posts in the thread?

Pointing out the truth in it's cold and most-direct manner is much more effective than giving some crappy answer.

allanandthera likes this.
Old 07-25-2014 at 07:49 PM   #20
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampin19xx View Post

I like to call a cow a cow, no fancy other way to say it, it is a plain and simple response. If our opinions are fully justified then that in itself is constructive. Remember, this is a forum, it is a place to voice opinions and there is no other way to avoid that fact. If the OP really wanted an objective response he/she could have went to their academic councillor to talk about the issue, not from peer students who are unqualified to give a concrete objective response.